AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Wasting Money on 220  (Read 1029 times)

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: August 19, 2019, 09:30:37 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
Wasting Money on 220
« on: October 06, 2017, 08:59:45 PM »

I drove up AR 220 from Cedarville to Devils Den this afternoon. The pavement still ends at the Crawford-Washington County Line (been that way since Spring). The Washington County section is still little more than an unmarked gravel road, though some of the hills have been leveled out.

Crawford County is already showing signs where it has been patched and /or resurfaced. ARDOT wanted to pave this road so badly, but  from my perspective, they seems to be wasting a lot of money if they can't finish what they've started and what they've finished is falling apart.

a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

• Last Login: August 16, 2019, 03:45:24 PM
Re: Wasting Money on 220
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »

I drove up AR 220 from Cedarville to Devils Den this afternoon. The pavement still ends at the Crawford-Washington County Line (been that way since Spring). The Washington County section is still little more than an unmarked gravel road, though some of the hills have been leveled out.

Crawford County is already showing signs where it has been patched and /or resurfaced. ARDOT wanted to pave this road so badly, but  from my perspective, they seems to be wasting a lot of money if they can't finish what they've started and what they've finished is falling apart.
You can thank I-49 for that! Oh wait... That's not even complete! They're spending too much time and money up in Fayetteville widening I-49 up there than other areas this side of the state! :banghead:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:06:35 PM by TheArkansasRoadgeek »
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

bjrush

• Go Hogs

• Last Login: March 17, 2018, 03:39:50 PM
Re: Wasting Money on 220
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:06:03 PM »

Fayetteville is where the growth is. Plus it is simply catching up from decades of neglect in favor of empty land
Woo Pig Sooie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.