AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Oregon  (Read 2991 times)

Bickendan

• Last Login: May 24, 2018, 11:52:48 PM
Re: Oregon
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »

Division did receive a road diet between SE 60th and 79th (4 lanes, no shoulders or turn lane -> 2 lanes with turn lane and bike shoulders), and there I grudgingly admit it worked. East of there, it's the full width artery inner Division wishes it were.

Sub-Urbanite

• There's at least a 60% chance I'm just trolling

• Last Login: May 24, 2018, 02:41:34 PM
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »

Division did receive a road diet between SE 60th and 79th (4 lanes, no shoulders or turn lane -> 2 lanes with turn lane and bike shoulders), and there I grudgingly admit it worked. East of there, it's the full width artery inner Division wishes it were.

Yeah, I mean, I think the road diets have been effective at slowing down traffic most of the day. On Glisan, on inner Burnside, on Division, on outer Holgate, sure.

But did they create more cyclists? Nope. Did they increase congestion, particularly at key intersections? Yep. Did they do anything for transit? Not a damn thing.

Hurricane Rex

• Speed 75 or bust. Keep on traveling.

• Last Login: May 24, 2018, 05:35:51 PM
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »

Yeah, I mean, I think the road diets have been effective at slowing down traffic most of the day. On Glisan, on inner Burnside, on Division, on outer Holgate, sure.

But did they create more cyclists? Nope. Did they increase congestion, particularly at key intersections? Yep. Did they do anything for transit? Not a damn thing.
I don't even want to start to think what will happen when Barbur is dieted to a max line. :ded:

LG-TP260

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Sub-Urbanite

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2018, 02:48:24 PM »

I don't even want to start to think what will happen when Barbur is dieted to a max line. :ded:

LG-TP260

Pretty sure that's not on the table.

Hurricane Rex

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2018, 01:23:01 PM »

LG-TP260

Pretty sure that's not on the table.
According to the mayor of Sherwood, it is on the table.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Tarkus

• Last Login: May 18, 2018, 09:10:20 PM
    • SimCity 4 Devotion
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »

That 30 on Division really irks me, especially since PBOT also wants to ram it down Stark east of 108th.

The good news is, it appears ODOT told them to shove it with Stark.  A new Speed Zone Order came out for Stark today--J9262--and specifies a 35mph speed limit for Stark between 109th and 179th.  It's actually identical in content to Speed Zone Order J9105 from June 2017 (from when the reductionistas fowled up the east end of the couplet and got it dumped down to 30).

According to the mayor of Sherwood, it is on the table.

It's been a rumor that's floated around for awhile.  I'd imagine there's definitely some Metro/PBOT types that would be all over that.

Hurricane Rex

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2018, 02:08:18 AM »

Be warned: If you are travelling SB 205 to SB I-5, the speed limit drops from 65 to 55 for about 1500 feet before it goes back up to 65. It is a construction zone (with nothing except dirt movement happening) and there is no warning of the drop. Speed trap is possible here.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Bickendan

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2018, 04:13:45 AM »

Where specifically,  and could you add that to the I-205 thread?

Hurricane Rex

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2018, 12:39:22 AM »

Where specifically,  and could you add that to the I-205 thread?
I can't because the decrease happens as you come onto I-5 from 205, which wouldn't fit that thread. 65 up until you finish crossing the bridge over I-5, drops to 55 (sign on the left side at the merge), and goes back up to 65 1/3 of a mile south. It is related to the SB I-5 widening as far as I can tell.

Also, covered and turned 45 signs are posted between TSR and Capitol highway SB only. The 55 limit is still in effect but could change at any time.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Bickendan

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2018, 03:23:47 AM »

Gotcha. Thought it was on the 95th Ave portion; haven't seen anything like that posted.
Speaking of I-5, however, I should send an inquiry if ODOT has any plans of widening I-5 between Elligsen and Wilsonville Rd; should be widened until the OR 551 split, really.

Sub-Urbanite

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »

Gotcha. Thought it was on the 95th Ave portion; haven't seen anything like that posted.
Speaking of I-5, however, I should send an inquiry if ODOT has any plans of widening I-5 between Elligsen and Wilsonville Rd; should be widened until the OR 551 split, really.

There's some talk about making some kind of fix to the Boone Bridge, but any widening would require a full replacement, plus probably extending a 4th lane (Oregon blasphemy) northbound all the way to I-205… so, about that billion dollars…

Bickendan

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2018, 02:51:44 PM »

I-5 is 8 lanes from Elligsen to I-205 already.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.