AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why was my topic deleted?  (Read 242 times)

MCRoads

• What road will you choose?

• Last Login: October 13, 2018, 04:38:54 PM
Why was my topic deleted?
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

I made a topic in off topic called “you know your a road geek when...”, and it was deleted. I found an inactive topic about the same thing, but didn’t think I should bump the topic... so did I go about this wrong?
I build roads on Minecraft. It might sound silly, but i feel like i work at the DOT on that server.

Interstates traveled: 4/5/10/11/12/15/25/29/35/40/44/49(LA)/64/66/70/76/78/80/95/99(PA)/99(NY)

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 11:52:35 AM
    • Sure, Why Not? (Highway Blog Spot)
Re: Why was my topic deleted?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »

I made a topic in off topic called “you know your a road geek when...”, and it was deleted. I found an inactive topic about the same thing, but didn’t think I should bump the topic... so did I go about this wrong?

It was merged with the older thread.  Usually older threads get bumped if someone wants to discuss the topic again or has new information. 

froggie

• Last Login: Today at 10:39:03 AM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: Why was my topic deleted?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »

Though the forum gives a caution note if you're posting in a topic more than 4 months old, as a general rule the admins do want you to use older threads if the topic is the same.  From the first line of the Forum Guidelines:

What's not allowed:

Duplicates posts/topics. Please use the search feature before you post!

Could be that they saw your new thread as a "duplicate post".

You are correct that bumping a topic just for the sake of bumping a topic is wrong (and is also "not allowed" per the guidelines), but if you have something of substance to add to a topic, the preference is to utilize older topics instead of starting a new one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.