AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quality of cartography for Thomas Brothers Street Atlas has changed in 2016.  (Read 492 times)

ACSCmapcollector

• Last Login: November 20, 2018, 06:08:04 PM

I have noticed one thing in the quality of the cartography for Thomas Brothers Street Atlas has changed since 2016.  I was at a Barnes and Nobles looking at the San Diego County as well as the Los Angeles and Orange County editions that came out in 2016 have only one red line for freeways inside of two very thin black lines, where they used to been 2 lines in red (double).  Rand McNally, I think would be the obvious cause of this, because it is not the same quality as when that edition came out in 1990!

skluth

• Last Login: Today at 11:53:49 AM

It sounds like the issue is symbology, not quality.

ACSCmapcollector

Well the proof is there, there is a change in their own cartography with one red line for a freeway from two lines (double), the proof is with my own eyes and source.

ACSCmapcollector

Well the proof is there, there is a change in their own cartography with one red line for a freeway from two lines (double), the proof is with my own eyes and source.

I think it is a formatting change, rather than a symbology change that took place.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: Today at 11:19:22 AM
Florida route log | pre-1945
I will do my best to not make America hate again.
Global warming denial is barely worse than white privilege denial.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.