News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Whispering videos on YouTube

Started by bandit957, February 03, 2019, 10:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

What's with all the whispering videos on YouTube these days?

The whispering is usually accompanied by activities such as reciting the alphabet, crumpling paper, performing a mock medical exam, and (you guessed it) chewing bubble gum.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

SectorZ

Something with sensory deprivation or similar to that is the apparent point.

People are watching, so it must serve some sort of purpose.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

abefroman329

Buck87

Quote from: bandit957 on February 03, 2019, 10:56:04 AM
The whispering is usually accompanied by activities such as reciting the alphabet, crumpling paper, performing a mock medical exam, and (you guessed it) chewing bubble gum.

and now we can add pouring a beer after tapping the bottle with your fingernails, while sitting at a table in the middle of a lush tropical island in front of a national TV audience

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: Buck87 on February 04, 2019, 10:51:19 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on February 03, 2019, 10:56:04 AM

and now we can add pouring a beer after tapping the bottle with your fingernails, while sitting at a table in the middle of a lush tropical island in front of a national TV audience

I hadn't even heard of this trend until I read this thread, which prepared me for the ad.  I don't drink beer.

Roadgeekteen

People just make weird videos. There is a youtuber that just sits and smiles in his videos.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: kphoger on February 04, 2019, 02:05:50 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on February 03, 2019, 08:40:33 PM
Rule 34
Man, you had me convinced that was an NCIS thing!

:-D :-D When an Internet thing gets referenced on a show like NCIS, that's when I know it's ancient.

briantroutman

I think that ASMR is real and that it has had an effect on me, but I don't get it from anything that was created for the purposes of being ASMR.

csw

I think you just need to turn the volume up.

jakeroot

The Zoe Kravitz commercial did nothing for me, and I am absolutely addicted to ASMR.

ASMR is weird. You either feel it, and love it, or don't feel it and think it's the strangest thing ever. No middle-ground whatsoever.

kphoger

Never heard of this before.  But, in reading the Wikipedia article linked to up-thread, I find it mind-boggling that watching Bob Ross on TV could ever be specifically cited as a trigger for something whose...
Proposed formal names included "auditory induced head orgasm"
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on February 06, 2019, 12:37:27 PM
Never heard of this before.  But, in reading the Wikipedia article linked to up-thread, I find it mind-boggling that watching Bob Ross on TV could ever be specifically cited as a trigger for something whose...
I refer you back to Rule 34.

kphoger

Now that is a Google search I do not want to do.
Male pronouns, please.

jakeroot

Quote from: kphoger on February 06, 2019, 12:37:27 PM

Of course you find it "mind boggling". If you don't experience it, you wouldn't understand it (that being, to quote Champ Kind, a "scientific fact"). To quote myself,

Quote from: jakeroot on February 05, 2019, 11:50:42 PM
You either feel [ASMR], and love it, or don't feel it and think it's the strangest thing ever. No middle-ground whatsoever.

The catch with ASMR is that, usually, it's not the content of the videos that are interesting. It's the individual triggers in the videos. For Bob Ross, it's the brush strokes, the soft talking, the texture of the canvas, the banging of the brush (which is loud but somehow still "tingly"). No one cares about what Bob is painting. It's the process that's enjoyable. For the medical exam videos, no one's watching it to understand the process, and the ins-and-outs. They're watching solely because of the noises, the hand movements (visual ASMR is a thing), etc.

If you're actually interested in ASMR, you have to watch the videos and not actively try to tell yourself that it's weird. That will overpower any chance of enjoyment.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.