News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Having Alexa Read To You About Primary Interstate Highways

Started by kevinb1994, July 03, 2019, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

Ever wondered how Alexa pulls up information about Primary Interstate Highways? The primary source is obviously from Wikipedia, so you probably know more than she ever will ;)

Anyway, I use this voice command feature on occasion to test my roadgeek knowledge, as I don't always have the time and opportunity to do a simple Google and Wikipedia search for Primary Interstate Highways.

Max Rockatansky

The only amusement I've ever gotten out of Alexa is adding ridiculous stuff to my Wife's grocery list and asking it if it is; Sky Net, HAL9000,  a Cylon or some other infamous AI with malicious intent. 

kevinb1994

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 03, 2019, 05:01:06 PM
The only amusement I've ever gotten out of Alexa is adding ridiculous stuff to my Wife's grocery list and asking it if it is; Sky Net, HAL9000,  a Cylon or some other infamous AI with malicious intent.
I can imagine that one somehow...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 03, 2019, 05:15:57 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 03, 2019, 05:01:06 PM
I can imagine that one somehow...

It will flatly deny being Sky Net. 

cl94

Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.