AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-469/US 24 Ramp Construction  (Read 4569 times)

westerninterloper

• Last Login: September 22, 2020, 11:04:02 PM
Re: I-469/US 24 Ramp Construction
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2020, 10:14:48 AM »

and I recall that on the Ohio Turnpike near Youngstown, the control city is New York City

That's actually on I-80 after it leaves the Turnpike. The Turnpike's eastbound control city in that area, as I-76, is Pittsburgh.

Is there any idea whether the US 24 east exit from I-469 will get Toledo as a control city - or will it just stay empty?

Woodburn!  :D

Still on control cities, I noticed that on I-94W just before I-75 in Detroit, the control city is Chicago as well, quite early on its way through Ann Arbor, Jackson, Kalamazoo...
Nostalgia: Indiana's State Religion

westerninterloper

• Last Login: September 22, 2020, 11:04:02 PM
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »

and I recall that on the Ohio Turnpike near Youngstown, the control city is New York City

That's actually on I-80 after it leaves the Turnpike. The Turnpike's eastbound control city in that area, as I-76, is Pittsburgh.

Is there any idea whether the US 24 east exit from I-469 will get Toledo as a control city - or will it just stay empty?

Still on control cities, I noticed that on I-94W just before I-75 in Detroit, the control city is Chicago as well, quite early on its way through Ann Arbor, Jackson, Kalamazoo...

And one more, exiting the Indiana Toll Road to I-94 at Lake Station, IN, the control city for I-80 is "Des Moines".

Back on topic, another poster mentioned that the US24-I469 interchange was "looking like a cloverleaf". Has there been a change in design now that the farm on the NW corner is for sale?
Nostalgia: Indiana's State Religion

silverback1065

• Last Login: Today at 11:32:51 AM
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »

And one more, exiting the Indiana Toll Road to I-94 at Lake Station, IN, the control city for I-80 is "Des Moines".

Back on topic, another poster mentioned that the US24-I469 interchange was "looking like a cloverleaf". Has there been a change in design now that the farm on the NW corner is for sale?

Yes, i think that house got knocked down.  Last time I was in the area I saw no house.

skluth

• Last Login: September 30, 2020, 06:19:25 PM
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 08:03:03 PM »

I've noticed that generally more distant control cities are used at major interstate interchanges. E.g., the control cities out of St Louis point to Memphis and Chicago (I-55 and I-255), Indianapolis and Kansas City (I-70 and I-270), Louisville (I-64), and Tulsa (I-44). The only local city is Wentzville on WB I-64 and the interstate terminates there. Curiously, the BGS on NB I-270 at I-64 uses KC and Chicago for the I-270 traffic even though travelers to KC usually take I-64 to Wentzville before following I-70 to KC from that interchange.

ilpt4u

• Last Login: Today at 12:01:10 PM
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 09:52:36 PM »

There was a nice long STL Beltway Control City discussion over in Road Related Illustrations... https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9539.3500

Long story short, I-270 North/Inner on the West Side would probably be better served with a Control of Lambert STL Airport versus anything Long Distance

I-64 West at I-270 should use Minneapolis :cool: I donít see MoDOT getting on that bandwagon anytime soon, tho. But then again, if InDOT can use Des Moines in Northwestern Indiana for I-80 West...

cabiness42

• Last Login: Today at 12:25:46 PM
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2020, 07:37:08 AM »

There was a nice long STL Beltway Control City discussion over in Road Related Illustrations... https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9539.3500

Long story short, I-270 North/Inner on the West Side would probably be better served with a Control of Lambert STL Airport versus anything Long Distance

I-64 West at I-270 should use Minneapolis :cool: I donít see MoDOT getting on that bandwagon anytime soon, tho. But then again, if InDOT can use Des Moines in Northwestern Indiana for I-80 West...

Back when InDOT owned the Toll Road, they wanted people to stay on the Toll Road rather than exiting onto I-80/94 for Chicago area destinations, so using a far away place like Des Moines as the control city was part of that strategy.

Joe The Dragon

• Last Login: Today at 11:48:03 AM
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2020, 11:47:19 PM »

Back when InDOT owned the Toll Road, they wanted people to stay on the Toll Road rather than exiting onto I-80/94 for Chicago area destinations, so using a far away place like Des Moines as the control city was part of that strategy.
Really?? they had plans for nice high speed ramp upgrade to exit on to I-80/94

thefarmerchris

• Last Login: September 30, 2020, 08:09:21 PM
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2020, 08:54:20 PM »

Yes, i think that house got knocked down.  Last time I was in the area I saw no house.

The house on the NE side has been knocked down. Not sure about NW side. Wasnít the plan incorporating a flyover tamp for WB24 to SB469 movement? I thought that was the reasoning for knocking down the house on the NE side.

I-55

• "We're in Mississippi now, bump your speed up"

• Last Login: September 29, 2020, 04:57:07 PM
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »

Drove by a couple days ago:

- The loop ramp from NB I-469 to Rose Ave is closed and is being reconstructed with new concrete.

- The loop ramp from Rose Ave to NB I-469 has begun construction and appears to have been for some time. This will complete all movements to/from the northbound direction

- The flyover ramp from 24 has yet to begin construction, or at least I wasn't able to tell.

On a related note there is bridge work on I-469 at the bridges for US-24, IN-37, Wheelock Rd, and Maysville Rd, all of which frequently have cops stationed on site and have lane closures
I have Unbridled Spirit driving on the Crossroads of America to the Heart of Dixie. I listen to the Soundtrack of America as I receive the South's Warmest Welcome, then driving Hog Wild to Show Me through the Land of Lincoln, back through the Bluegrass to Almost Heaven, and I Found it Here.

Stephane Dumas

• Last Login: September 30, 2020, 09:00:19 PM
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »

Really?? they had plans for nice high speed ramp upgrade to exit on to I-80/94

Yeah, they had once some plans for a big upgrade of that location then I mentionned in another thread. http://web.archive.org/web/20021220081218/http://nwindianahwys.homestead.com/i80909451newint.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.