News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

INDOT to widen I-65 from Zionsville to Exit 138 (Lebanon)

Started by Revive 755, March 15, 2010, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100311/LOCAL0202/3110357/1145/LOCAL02/32-million-project-to-add-travel-lane-on-I-65-from-Zionsville-to-Lebanon

From the few times I've used this part of I-65 (due to the poor handling of I-74 around Indianapolis and construction on I-465), this is a much needed project.  Would be nice if the extra lanes make it up to IN 32.

J N Winkler

The number for this project is 30704 and it covers I-65 between Exit 129 (I-865) and Exit 138 (CR 100/Indianapolis Ave./south Lebanon exit), so there isn't much left before SR 32.  The construction plans are still online.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

tdindy88

The railroad bridge between the SR 39 and SR 32 exits is probably the reason they won't widen it to the SR 32 exit, that bridge is barely wide enough for the current four lanes and widening to six lanes would require that bridge to be completely redone, not a bad idea, but in the interm not neccessary. As for the plans, I noticed nothing about the SR 334 exit in Zionsville (Exit 130), with the new developments in Zionsville and Whitestown I didn't know if there were any needs to improve that interchange while you're redoing the rest of the highway, and how would the lane configurations from the I-865 ramp to I-65 figure into the SR 334 exit.

rawmustard

Quote from: tdindy88 on March 15, 2010, 10:15:22 PM
The railroad bridge between the SR 39 and SR 32 exits is probably the reason they won't widen it to the SR 32 exit, that bridge is barely wide enough for the current four lanes and widening to six lanes would require that bridge to be completely redone, not a bad idea, but in the interm not neccessary.

That bridge dates to the time that the line was still the Pennsylvania Railroad. (Yes, I doubled back through Lebanon in order to get that pic.)

J N Winkler

I think SR 334 is being worked on in a separate contract (but don't have the number for that, unfortunately).
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.