News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Virus Time home exercise routines

Started by Max Rockatansky, April 04, 2020, 03:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Anyone else keeping up with their exercise routines amid many gyms being closed thanks to Virus Time Social Distance policies?  I kind of caught a lucky break since the City of Fresno did their "non-essential stay at home"  declaration in March.  Most people were buying up Toilet Paper and Water, I basically raided the free weight sets for my already existing garage gym.  Fortunately I'm a distance runner and running outside has been the norm for over 20 years at this point.  This is what I have going right now for strength training:

Biceps
-  Standard Curls, both one handed and at the same time
-  Seated curls
-  Hammer curls

Triceps
-  Lots of dips on a dip bench
-  Skull crushers
-  Tricep extensions

Back
-  Almost all high resistance on my rower since my pull up bar won't fit any of the doors at the house

Shoulders
-  Lots of shoulder presses
-  Lots of shoulder shrugs.
-  Lots of shoulder raises

Chest
-  About 600-800 push-ups when I focus on it in a work out

Abs
-  Two different medicine ball ab crunches
-  One seated ab crunch exercise using my bed post
-  Leg crunches

Legs
-  Right now a crap ton of lunges

Right now I'm doing strength training 4 days a week and running 5 days a week.  My wife wants to start following me while I run and she's on a mountain bike, so there might be more cardio activities coming in the evening hours.  I'm more or less looking for benches right now to be able to diversify my lifting routines since they are getting stale.  At the moment I'm running 50 miles a week as opposed to my normal 30-35.  I might start doing 10,000m rows to put some variance into my cardio routine?  Anyone doing anything at home themselves or come up with something creative as interim strength exercise?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.