News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Old Montauk Highway in Hither Hills-Montauk area

Started by D-Dey65, April 14, 2010, 09:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dey65

I vaguely remember signs within the Montauk and Hither Hills area informally identifying Old Montauk Highway as New York State Route 27A. I asked NYSDOT about this a long time ago, and they described it as a non-touring route.

Well, in my last drive through the Hamptons in May 2008, one of my activities involved looking for one of those signs and unfortunatley it was gone. Either taken down by hand, or blown down by a storm. Does anybody else remember this besides me, and do they have any photographic evidence of this whatsoever?

Dougtone

I would have to look through my photos, but I believe that the last time I went out to Montauk (in November 2007), the signs were gone.  I didn't make it out to the Hamptons much when I lived on Long Island, opting to go to the North Fork more often than not, so I'm not sure if I do remember those signs.

Alps

The reference route markers are definitely still up (the little green ones) but I saw no shields when I was there.

D-Dey65

Quote from: AlpsROADS on April 14, 2010, 10:18:08 PM
The reference route markers are definitely still up (the little green ones) but I saw no shields when I was there.
I looked for them and I never saw them.

Alps

Depends how far out you're talking - you may be referring to further east than I was.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.