AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: flickr pages  (Read 111362 times)

D-Dey65

• Last Login: January 23, 2019, 11:49:55 PM
Re: flickr pages
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »

If you notice any asterisks in the titles of my Flickr albums, it's because I'm marking them safe from the Great Flickr Purge of 2019.  :D
And simply adding asterisks is supposed to protect them from the purge? I'm still going to delete a lot of them, no matter what.

formulanone

• Last Login: Today at 07:32:38 AM
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »

People use unattributed photos all the time.  I think the only true way to stop people from using unattributed photos is to not share them to the internet.

That's why I carry a hammer to bust someone's fingers the moment I catch them do it. As you can well imagine, I don't get to use the hammer.

So I just put most of my photos out there for consumption. If they feel like playing nice, then good for me and good for you; I've found about 100+ examples where someone (or somebot?) actually went through the trouble of correct attribution. A few people have even contacted me by e-mail, even though they don't truly have to ask me. The fact it made someone feel a little better to use it makes me feel good, in a way.

Otherwise, I can't get too bothered about some road, sign, car, and cloud photos. The few photos of my kids and family, that's where the line gets crossed. I don't see any season why anyone I don't know would want them, and I leave copyrights on them. They way modeling rights are established - as opposed to some inanimate object in the public view - I'm not too worried about them appearing anywhere in a questionable manner.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:29:16 PM by formulanone »

paulthemapguy

• Beeeeees?

• Last Login: Today at 12:10:40 AM
« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2019, 09:57:34 AM »

If you notice any asterisks in the titles of my Flickr albums, it's because I'm marking them safe from the Great Flickr Purge of 2019.  :D
And simply adding asterisks is supposed to protect them from the purge? I'm still going to delete a lot of them, no matter what.

It means I downloaded them to save them somewhere else?  Sorry if that was too difficult to figure out.
My life is a collect-a-thon. Like Banjo Kazooie but IRL.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.

My goal:  A shield photo for every Interstate and US highway, plus 3 state highways from each state!
Shield collection: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhQf3nW
Originals: https://flic.kr/s/aHskFU42pF

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.