News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Changing one letter of a thread title

Started by hotdogPi, January 31, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on August 10, 2021, 05:07:23 PM
AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > Songs that Have a Highway Preference

It's determined that Take the "A" Train doesn't fit the OP, because it's a transit line rather than a highway.

If you ever plan to motor west,
Travel my way, take the highway that's the best.
Get your kicks on Route 66.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 11, 2021, 03:12:12 PM

Quote from: kphoger on August 10, 2021, 05:07:23 PM
AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > Songs that Have a Highway Preference

It's determined that Take the "A" Train doesn't fit the OP, because it's a transit line rather than a highway.

If you ever plan to motor west,
Travel my way, take the highway that's the best.
Get your kicks on Route 66.

Thanks.
I was secretly hoping this could be an actual thread.

(That's the song that immediately came to mind, but I didn't remember that specific line.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

seicer

CNGL-Leudimin

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kphoger

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Cheating in States

In how many states have you committed adultery or cheated on your spouse?

(Please, people, do not answer with a non-zero answer.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

thspfc

Quote from: webny99 on August 11, 2021, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: thspfc on June 24, 2021, 09:17:01 PM
It's a fair bet that webny99 would mention NY-104 in almost all of these threads.

Well, that was random. Now I'm feeling a little self-conscious. Do I have a name for mentioning NY 104 in every thread? It is a road that I use almost every day, although ironically, the sections that I've been known to bemoan on this forum aren't the sections I use most frequently.
That was a joke.

formulanone

Minor Thins that Bother You

discussion of unheralded and unpleasant wafers, crackers, and narrow-gauge baked goods

formulanone

CNGL-Leudimin

I have to admit, of all the letter changes, my favorite one is this:
Quote from: Evan_Th on May 18, 2021, 06:51:25 PM
Google Maps jus trucking sucks now

Lamenting that Google Maps is now useless for long-distance gravy shipments.

... although it also involves rebracketing (moving a space), so I'm not sure if that is valid.

Now for a new proposal:
National Water Polices - Waterway patrols.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Scott5114

"What Is The Worst Kind Of Heart?" either mourning certain types of despicable people, discussing the musical styles of the 70s-80s rock band, or perhaps just determining which of 13 cards in the standard deck they like the least (my vote is that the 3 of hearts is the worst kind of heart).

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 08, 2021, 05:03:47 PM
"What Is The Worst Kind Of Heart?" either mourning certain types of despicable people, discussing the musical styles of the 70s-80s rock band, or perhaps just determining which of 13 cards in the standard deck they like the least (my vote is that the 3 of hearts is the worst kind of heart).

... or on a more obvious (and potentially much more morbid) note, the actual human heart.

Scott5114

Are there actually different "kinds" of human heart?

Another interpretation of the thread: among people who enjoy eating organ meat, what is the worst kind of heart to eat? (chicken, turkey, beef, etc.)

SSOWorld

Why do people still jive in New Orleans

Quote from: jivespeakPeople live in new o'leans a'cuz dey wants' to. You's gots dat? Give me some boogie. Shiiieeet
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 08, 2021, 07:54:27 PM
Are there actually different "kinds" of human heart?

Actually, what came to mind was a friend who was born with only part of his heart and had to have emergency surgery. And I've also heard of people being born with a hole in their heart, which is a fairly serious issue too.

Scott5114

"National Waver Policies"–How well do you have to know someone to wave at them when you drive past?
"How do you refine Upstate NY?"–Because Rochester just isn't hoity-toity enough for some people.

JayhawkCO

snowc

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 09, 2021, 02:10:24 PM
"How do you refine Upstate NY?"–Because Rochester just isn't hoity-toity enough for some people.

Separate it from NYC, for starters!  :-P

GaryV

What are the closest highways to where you went to collage? - when you went to that art retreat

CoreySamson

Why do people still live in ew Orleans - Angelo71 goes on a rant about a particular city in central France
Bear transport malfunction - something got out of the circus train (yikes)
Wrist patches - thread about how Frankenstein assembled his monster's wrist
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Scott5114

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 09, 2021, 06:49:43 PM
Why do people still live in ew Orleans - Angelo71 goes on a rant about a particular city in central France

More likely that webny99 goes on (another) rant about a particular county in upstate New York ;)

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 09, 2021, 08:21:46 PM
Quote from: CoreySamson on September 09, 2021, 06:49:43 PM

More likely that webny99 goes on (another) rant about a particular county in upstate New York ;)

Yeah, I think you nailed that one!  :D

hbelkins

"Road sign Udo"

About road signs we Accept.

(Udo. Accept. Get it? Balls to the wall, man.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Big John

Copper Tires recalled due to incorrect date code - and it provides poor traction.

Roadgeekteen

Cop Circles

7-11

Why do People Still Give in New Orleans?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.