Parts of the Appalachian Trail missing on Google Maps

Started by TheGrassGuy, February 17, 2021, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrassGuy

On Google Maps, the Appalachian Trail now abruptly terminates at Mombasha High Point west of W Mombasha Rd (CR 91). The part crossing Palisades Interstate Pkwy is also missing.

Have these sections of the AT closed (for COVID or something)? Or is this an error with Google Maps?
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

SectorZ

Per the organizations own site, there are no trail shutdowns in that area, or at all period that I can find. Lots of restrictions on overnight camping and usage of privies, but it appears the trail (especially at the point you observed) is open for use.

CNGL-Leudimin

There's a section in Vermont totally missing. Or at least there was the last time I checked. Same with a shorter section in Tennessee.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.