News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Zero and One Hundred both with waterways

Started by roadman65, March 05, 2021, 10:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I found this to be interesting. I-95 in SC has its 100 mile marker over water.  However I find more interesting the fact that I-95 100 miles to the south also is over water.

Any other freeways that have this.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

OCGuy81

Not sure about mile marker 100, but I'm pretty confident I-90 near Seattle has a mile marker or two over the water.

NWI_Irish96

In Indiana,

I-64 comes closest. MM 0 is over the Wabash River and MM 99.9 is over the Blue River.

If you're willing to count drainage ditches as bodies of water, I-65 is over the Ohio River at MM 0 and a drainage ditch at 100.2
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Flint1979

I don't think Michigan has anything as none of the borders on the south and west are over a body of water. The west side of course has Lake Michigan but there isn't any Interstate running over that.

OCGuy81

D'oh. Misread the post before replying. Apologies. 😬

SkyPesos

This one is not exactly 100, but pretty close: I-71 crosses the Ohio River at mile 0 and the Scioto River at mile 106. But, I-71 uses I-70's mile markers and exit numbers at where it crosses the Scioto, and I-70 is at mile 100 at that point.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.