News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Guess the speed limit challenge

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 09, 2021, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

May be easier to get back to this when you can access a computer.

jakeroot

Given that it has been over 24 hours, I am going to keep this going. SafeSpeeder, once you figure out how to share photos, I'm sure we can slip you in.

Arterial Road by Jacob Root, on Flickr

MPH, please.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jakeroot

And I'm not watching the forums as per usual.

Quote from: kphoger on August 24, 2021, 07:53:13 PM
25 mph

Bingo! Freeman Road, Fife, WA (looking the other direction, downstream a bit).

Always thought it was a bit low. 35 seems a bit more reasonable. I don't think Fife wants the road to be popular.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Let's start off with a bang: 70 mph

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jakeroot

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

sprjus4

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SafeSpeeder on August 25, 2021, 02:43:50 PM
I mean 80 mph.
That's a bad guess there are no 2 lane roads in America with an 80 mph speed limit.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 25, 2021, 02:44:25 PM
Quote from: SafeSpeeder on August 25, 2021, 02:43:50 PM
I mean 80 mph.
That's a bad guess there are no 2 lane roads in America with an 80 mph speed limit.

Who said it was in America?  :D

JayhawkCO

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on August 25, 2021, 03:17:39 PM
Quote from: webny99 on August 25, 2021, 03:03:03 PM
Who said it was in America?  :D

Right, it could be England...
I'm pretty sure that there are no 80 mph two laners in the UK either.

kphoger

Well, obviously, but the UK is the only other nation I know of with speed limits in mph.
Male pronouns, please.

JayhawkCO

Roadgeekteen

JayhawkCO

jakeroot

40 mph?

Quote from: kphoger on August 25, 2021, 03:28:58 PM
Well, obviously, but the UK is the only other nation I know of with speed limits in mph.

There are actually a significant number of nations and territories that use miles-per-hour, mostly due to British or American colonialism (not always though). But certainly none that have regions resembling your picture.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.