Guess the Non-interstate Freeway Challenge!

Started by wriddle082, April 05, 2022, 02:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

sprjus4

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 22, 2022, 10:31:49 AM
Quote from: cockroachking on April 22, 2022, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: sprjus4 on April 22, 2022, 07:26:14 AM
Quote from: wriddle082 on April 22, 2022, 05:28:33 AM
US 422

And I think you're supposed to reveal the forum region right away.
You may want to specify the rules for region reveals in the OP, because it is not clear.
The only thing it mentions in the OP is that the regular guessing game rules apply, which would lead me to believe that the region reveal should come after 24 hours.

US-422 is incorrect.

5 posts down, the OP agrees that we should reveal it at the beginning though.
Then the OP should be updated to indicate such.

wriddle082

Quote from: sprjus4 on April 22, 2022, 11:17:04 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 22, 2022, 10:31:49 AM
Quote from: cockroachking on April 22, 2022, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: sprjus4 on April 22, 2022, 07:26:14 AM
Quote from: wriddle082 on April 22, 2022, 05:28:33 AM
US 422

And I think you're supposed to reveal the forum region right away.
You may want to specify the rules for region reveals in the OP, because it is not clear.
The only thing it mentions in the OP is that the regular guessing game rules apply, which would lead me to believe that the region reveal should come after 24 hours.

US-422 is incorrect.

5 posts down, the OP agrees that we should reveal it at the beginning though.
Then the OP should be updated to indicate such.

I have updated it.

cockroachking

KCRoadFan

Quote from: cockroachking on April 23, 2022, 12:40:47 AM
Quote from: CoreySamson on April 22, 2022, 09:50:40 PM
OH-11?
Incorrect.

Region is Northeast.

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 23, 2022, 12:31:43 AM
I have updated it.
Noted for next time.

In CoreySamson's defense, I do often regard Ohio east of Cleveland/I-77 as being where the Northeast begins...

cockroachking

Quote from: KCRoadFan on April 23, 2022, 10:34:33 AM
Quote from: cockroachking on April 23, 2022, 12:40:47 AM
Quote from: CoreySamson on April 22, 2022, 09:50:40 PM
OH-11?
Incorrect.

Region is Northeast.

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 23, 2022, 12:31:43 AM
I have updated it.
Noted for next time.

In CoreySamson's defense, I do often regard Ohio east of Cleveland/I-77 as being where the Northeast begins...
Also in CoreySamson's defense, that was the region reveal; the region wasn't posted before. Maybe I should have made that more obvious...

cockroachking

Region: Northeast and Midwest-Great Lakes (strictly following AARoads designations)
Incorrect guesses: US-422, OH-11
Clue: A nearby neighborhood sounds like it would be rather Venetian, but it is quite the opposite.

CoreySamson

My Route Log
My Clinches

webny99

NY 400? I'm not sure about the neighborhood clue, but I'll see if I can figure that part out.  :)

cockroachking

Quote from: CoreySamson on April 30, 2022, 06:12:12 PM
PA 43?
Nope.

Quote from: webny99 on April 30, 2022, 06:16:19 PM
NY 400? I'm not sure about the neighborhood clue, but I'll see if I can figure that part out.  :)
Not NY-400, but you might be kicking yourself if you don't figure the clue out  :hmmm:

CoreySamson

My Route Log
My Clinches

webny99

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 01, 2022, 10:00:04 PM
LaSalle Expressway?

That's got to be it. Not sure if you figured that out based on the clue, which is probably Love Canal (and yes, I am now kicking myself for not getting it!  :-D)

cockroachking

Quote from: webny99 on May 01, 2022, 10:32:58 PM
LaSalle Expressway?

That's got to be it. Not sure if you figured that out based on the clue, which is probably Love Canal (and yes, I am now kicking myself for not getting it!  :-D)
LaSalle Expressway (and Love Canal) it is!

CoreySamson

Quote from: cockroachking on May 01, 2022, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: webny99 on May 01, 2022, 10:32:58 PM
LaSalle Expressway?

LaSalle Expressway (and Love Canal) it is!
Actually, the clue had absolutely no impact on my guess. The main thing I was looking for was that frontage road and the bend in the road. I thought it was Pennsylvania, but once webny99 guessed NY, I figured it had to be somewhere there. Once I figured that out, I found the spot within a couple of minutes. I'll have something up later today!

My Route Log
My Clinches

webny99

Never one to overthink things (LOL), I figured it was WNY based on the Midwest/Great Lakes clue, but I was stuck on the Buffalo area for some reason and forgot about the possibilities around Niagara Falls (except for the Robert Moses/Niagara Scenic Parkway, which I knew it wasn't).

snowc

Quote from: webny99 on May 02, 2022, 12:35:50 PM
Never one to overthink things (LOL), I figured it was WNY based on the Midwest/Great Lakes clue, but I was stuck on the Buffalo area for some reason and forgot about the possibilities around Niagara Falls (except for the Robert Moses/Niagara Scenic Parkway, which I knew it wasn't).
Curious about the NY 104 part of the freeway webny99
https://goo.gl/maps/qP427PenT27XFSGZ8
Why is there a two lane part of it, but the other looks abandoned?  :confused:

cockroachking

Quote from: snowc on May 02, 2022, 02:20:32 PM
RM/NSP used to be a continuous 4 lane divided parkway from I-190/LaSalle all the way to NY-18 near 4 Mile Creek. At some point, both directions through Niagara Falls State Park were removed and the section between the Park and John Daly Blvd was converted to WB only. Later on, the NB carriageway from Niagara Falls to Lewiston was converted to 2 way traffic. More recently, the interchange at John Daly Blvd was converted to a roundabout and the one way road west of there was converted into the one way Riverway. Most recently, the entirety of the 2 lane parkway was removed south of Whirlpool St/Findlay Dr.

webny99

Quote from: cockroachking on May 02, 2022, 03:11:15 PM
Quote from: snowc on May 02, 2022, 02:20:32 PM
RM/NSP used to be a continuous 4 lane divided parkway from I-190/LaSalle all the way to NY-18 near 4 Mile Creek. At some point, both directions through Niagara Falls State Park were removed and the section between the Park and John Daly Blvd was converted to WB only. Later on, the NB carriageway from Niagara Falls to Lewiston was converted to 2 way traffic. More recently, the interchange at John Daly Blvd was converted to a roundabout and the one way road west of there was converted into the one way Riverway. Most recently, the entirety of the 2 lane parkway was removed south of Whirlpool St/Findlay Dr.

Thanks for the reply. Yes to all of this. (Also, I wouldn't consider that portion a "freeway", so I didn't think of it as a possible location for this challenge.)

CoreySamson

Here's the next one. Forum region is Mid-South:

My Route Log
My Clinches

cockroachking

CoreySamson

My Route Log
My Clinches

cockroachking

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 02, 2022, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: cockroachking on May 02, 2022, 06:05:46 PM
Fort Bend Pkwy?
Yep, got it instantly. Did anything tip you off that this was it?
https://goo.gl/maps/bncE1mL8kBFtg9Jt7
It looked Houston-like and FBP was the first road in the area I saw that was 4 lanes with a Jersey barrier. Pure luck I guess.

Next up in the Northeast:

webny99

Thanks for the softball, I'll take the chance for redemption.  :sombrero:

NY 363

plain

Quote from: webny99 on May 02, 2022, 09:51:16 PM
Thanks for the softball, I'll take the chance for redemption.  :sombrero:

NY 363

Damn lmaooo you got it in before I can hit post!!

The crossover is a no-brainer
Newark born, Richmond bred

webny99

The truck on the other ramp was what confirmed it for me. If not for that, I could have seen it being a ramp joining up with the mainline. Compare to this, for example.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.