News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

roadman65

Quote from: kphoger on January 04, 2023, 11:53:12 AM
Could the subject of this thread please be changed to 'Masturbation by MMM'?

I think this topic is had enough.  Back to aviation or something else to argue about.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman65 on January 04, 2023, 12:13:32 PM

I think this topic is had enough.  Back to aviation or something else to argue about.

Maybe 10% of this thread was about aviation.  Masturbation and Star Trek (sometimes both) have made up most of the post content.

Factoring in everything in the post content the most appropriate thread name would be "Flying stick by MMM."

GaryV

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 12:24:18 PM
Planes should be able to back up. Have two-way jet engines.
And shape changing wings?

roadman65

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 04, 2023, 12:19:36 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 04, 2023, 12:13:32 PM

Maybe 10% of this thread was about aviation.  Masturbation and Star Trek (sometimes both) have made up most of the post content.

Factoring in everything in the post content the most appropriate thread name would be “Flying stick by MMM.”

Typical troll hijacking a thread  is the results here.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: roadman65 on January 04, 2023, 01:16:03 PM
Typical troll hijacking a thread  is the results here.

This thread was a parody of the troll from the beginning.  I'm not sure if that really counts as hijacking or not...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

But, you rebuttal him to expand the discussion and increase your post count.

2 posts up^^^^^^

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 01:24:25 PM
Most of my fictional highway plans aren't trolling.

Perhaps not, in intent.  But the results are the same.

You people just need to see the beauty of them.

So you're argument is that people who disagree with you are blind?  That's not a good strategy for winning people over.

Your subconscious minds likely crave my new interstate highway grid.

Your subconscious mind wants to impregnate an alien and raise a family of space babies in Harlem.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 02:13:42 PM
what are the feasible possibilities to improve those disgusting bathrooms on the planes?

Cleaning them.  Oh wait, they already do that.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on January 04, 2023, 02:30:41 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 02:13:42 PM
what are the feasible possibilities to improve those disgusting bathrooms on the planes?

Cleaning them.  Oh wait, they already do that.

Better not check this group if airplane lavatories bother you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2768931546474278/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF

Max is the one creating 5+ threads every time I make a comment that makes him laugh

Citation needed on 5+.

kkt

Check out the Harrier.  (And then check out why the Royal Navy decided big carriers were worth the money compared to small carriers with Harriers as their aircraft.)

kkt

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 01:30:31 PM
Quote from: GaryV on January 04, 2023, 01:11:15 PM
And shape changing wings?

No, but there should be a spare set of retractable wings in case the main wings get impacted/damaged by something in a mid-air collisions. In fact, wings should have to slide out from the beginning, this way planes wouldn't have to worry about maneuvering around each other at the gates which would speed up airport times.

You're not the first person to have this idea.  But retractable wings that are as strong and light as fixed wings are quite difficult to build.

kphoger

Quote from: kkt on January 04, 2023, 03:08:27 PM
But retractable wings that are as strong and light as fixed wings are quite difficult to build.

pffft.  Weight doesn't matter very much for airplanes.  Nor does space, such as would be required to store those wings when retracted.
Male pronouns, please.

roadman65

Off we go into the wild blue yonder.
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one heckuva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame.
Hey! Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

This is the wild blue yonder for sure. That is this thread.

Not to mention the aviation is not the one we know relating to physical aircraft, but of one 23 year old's plight in life.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 05:20:24 PM
We could install a row of vertical lift fans underneath 747s to assist in take off.

Do these fans not weigh anything themselves?
Male pronouns, please.

roadman65

I think this guy wants attention.  No way can he be serious about his ideas. I think he is giving us all a ride beyond the wild blue yonder and out of our solar system.

Ethanman was only a fraction of this guy's fix for attention. Ethanman was on the rings of Saturn still in our solar system at least just asking basic stupid questions for attention. This guy and his ideas is too far out.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 06:21:28 PM
I think you guys are just overanalyzing most of my plans. What's the big deal if due to crowding at Newark Airport if a plane or two used the Jersey Turnpike to take off? Just a simple redesign of the overpasses would do the trick. I mean, they do give you that extra lane in both outer spurs so plenty of room. The Jersey Turnpike would be a good substitute runway. Straight, wide, and flat. The only improvement needed for this would be steering the plane. As of now that's somewhat limited. A type of steering wheel should be fitted in every passenger plane that directly turns the landing gear so it can move like a car more accurately on the ground or on a hypothetical launch/land highway, like described above. This is an aviation thread after all.

I'm still hoping this is humor.

A Boeing 747 is 211 feet wide.  That's the entire width of the New Jersey Turnpike from outermost shoulder line to outermost shoulder line, minus one lane.
Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

It didn't make sense before that either.
Male pronouns, please.

kkt

Quote from: kphoger on January 04, 2023, 03:14:29 PM
But retractable wings that are as strong and light as fixed wings are quite difficult to build.

pffft.  Weight doesn't matter very much for airplanes.  Nor does space, such as would be required to store those wings when retracted.

Um, nonsense on the weight.  Internet sources are saying 30% to 40% of the air fare goes straight to the fuel.  Boeing has made a lot of money making replacements for airplanes that are perfectly good, except are heavier than they need to be and use more fuel than they need to.  Boeing puts in lightweight carbon fiber for the strength critical parts of the airframe, the plane costs noticeably more, but gets better fuel economy.

kkt

Quote from: kphoger on January 04, 2023, 06:38:38 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 06:21:28 PM
I think you guys are just overanalyzing most of my plans. What's the big deal if due to crowding at Newark Airport if a plane or two used the Jersey Turnpike to take off? Just a simple redesign of the overpasses would do the trick. I mean, they do give you that extra lane in both outer spurs so plenty of room. The Jersey Turnpike would be a good substitute runway. Straight, wide, and flat. The only improvement needed for this would be steering the plane. As of now that's somewhat limited. A type of steering wheel should be fitted in every passenger plane that directly turns the landing gear so it can move like a car more accurately on the ground or on a hypothetical launch/land highway, like described above. This is an aviation thread after all.

I'm still hoping this is humor.

A Boeing 747 is 211 feet wide.  That's the entire width of the New Jersey Turnpike from outermost shoulder line to outermost shoulder line, minus one lane.

It doesn't work as a serious proposal, and isn't even funny.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 07:16:26 PM
        Alright, I admit I had a little headache when writing all that so maybe I wasn't thinking straight.

When my wife has a migraine, she lays down in a dark room. You might try doing that instead of posting to an Internet forum.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: kkt on January 04, 2023, 07:08:39 PM

Quote from: kphoger on January 04, 2023, 03:14:29 PM

Um, nonsense on the weight.  Internet sources are saying 30% to 40% of the air fare goes straight to the fuel.  Boeing has made a lot of money making replacements for airplanes that are perfectly good, except are heavier than they need to be and use more fuel than they need to.  Boeing puts in lightweight carbon fiber for the strength critical parts of the airframe, the plane costs noticeably more, but gets better fuel economy.

Sorry, I forgot the [/sarcasm] tag.
Male pronouns, please.

kkt

This button would be multi-purpose, also alerting the traffic news station about the runaway truck so they could notify drivers to get their cars off the highway as soon as possible just in case the helicopters failed.

How could there be any possiblity of failure of such a beautifully conceived plan as this?  I haven't seen such a perfect plan since the invasion of Afghanistan!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 04, 2023, 07:29:07 PM
        Alright, I admit I had a little headache when writing all that so maybe I wasn't thinking straight.

When my wife has a migraine, she lays down in a dark room. You might try doing that instead of posting to an Internet forum.

Or down an energy drink, the caffeine usually alleviates my migraines. 

kirbykart

Alright, I admit I had a little headache when writing all that so maybe I wasn't thinking straight. Let me go back to my most realistic, feasible, and needed aviation idea: The helicopter assistance for runaway trucks.

A military grade helicopter capable of moving at 300 mph would pace the truck, shoot down a solid steel cable that has a large cylindrical electromagnet at the bottom, plus 4 back up grappling hooks in case the current in the magma fails. For very large double rig or triple rig trailers, 2-3 helicopters may be used at each end to stabilize it while lifting it off the ground so its not dangling in the air.
       A big circular red button would be installed right on the consol that the driver would just need to press, and it would instantly alert the nearest heliport that the truck needs help or is out of control.

On particularly risky stretches of road, such as I-70 through the Rockies, these helicopters would regularly fly in formation above the highway patrolling so they could assist faster if needed. Otherwise they would be on standby in the nearest aviation yard/heliport with military pilots ready to go at a moments notice. This button would be multi-purpose, also alerting the traffic news station about the runaway truck so they could notify drivers to get their cars off the highway as soon as possible just in case the helicopters failed. The button would be designed however so that it couldn't be activated just by bumping into it, (wasting all the time and effort) but it would be easily pressable in an actual emergency.

This is so convoluted and nonsensical. You cannot think this is a good idea. Runaway truck ramps solve this problem and are a much cheaper and simpler solution.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: kirbykart on January 05, 2023, 08:22:41 AM
        Alright, I admit I had a little headache when writing all that so maybe I wasn't thinking straight. Let me go back to my most realistic, feasible, and needed aviation idea: The helicopter assistance for runaway trucks.

A military grade helicopter capable of moving at 300 mph would pace the truck, shoot down a solid steel cable that has a large cylindrical electromagnet at the bottom, plus 4 back up grappling hooks in case the current in the magma fails. For very large double rig or triple rig trailers, 2-3 helicopters may be used at each end to stabilize it while lifting it off the ground so its not dangling in the air.
       A big circular red button would be installed right on the consol that the driver would just need to press, and it would instantly alert the nearest heliport that the truck needs help or is out of control.

On particularly risky stretches of road, such as I-70 through the Rockies, these helicopters would regularly fly in formation above the highway patrolling so they could assist faster if needed. Otherwise they would be on standby in the nearest aviation yard/heliport with military pilots ready to go at a moments notice. This button would be multi-purpose, also alerting the traffic news station about the runaway truck so they could notify drivers to get their cars off the highway as soon as possible just in case the helicopters failed. The button would be designed however so that it couldn't be activated just by bumping into it, (wasting all the time and effort) but it would be easily pressable in an actual emergency.

This is so convoluted and nonsensical. You cannot think this is a good idea. Runaway truck ramps solve this problem and are a much cheaper and simpler solution.

Noy to mention, unless the runaway truck is doing 300 mph as well, how is a chopper "pacing" the truck at that speed?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.