AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The forum just turned ten years old! Where has all the time gone?

Author Topic: I-49 in Arkansas  (Read 677279 times)

O Tamandua

• Last Login: February 20, 2019, 11:28:09 PM
    • A-B-P Ministries - An evangelical Christian ministry serving Angola, Brazil, Portugal.
Re: I-49 in Arkansas
« Reply #2350 on: January 10, 2019, 11:30:14 AM »

To me, this wording is sort of gobbledygook, but it's likely just me.  :-D  The picture atop the article (and the number of shares) tells me the thing that's atop a lot more people's minds than we know, especially given these mysterious "contingencies" from Louisiana firms.  The words in bold below seem to echo Chaffee Crossing's Ivy Owen when he said he expects to be able to drive on the I-49 Ark River bridge in his lifetime:

Looking at bigger projects, Pitsch told the board that ARDOT Director Scott Bennett had a study done on the feasibility of a bridge and a roughly 13-mile section of I-49 north of Fort Chaffee that would connect Highway 22 in Sebastian County and the I-40/I-49 interchange in Crawford County to be a toll system. The timing for that section of the interstate would have to be started within the next five years, he said.

“No one wanted to commit to a 13-mile section, but by doing it the way he did, he could see who might be interested in a toll contract on the highway without having to commit to starting the entire project,” Pitsch said. “It was a very smart way to do it. We don’t know if any of the (interstate) will be toll, but by using funds for the study, it was a commitment that construction on that section would have to be started within five years.”

https://talkbusiness.net/2019/01/western-arkansas-intermodal-authority-updates-on-greenwood-bypass-i-49-north-of-fort-chaffee/

Gordon

• Last Login: February 20, 2019, 07:29:58 PM
« Reply #2351 on: January 11, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »

ARDOT Highway commission meeting Jan. 9th shows the Connecting Arkansas Program that the two jobs remaining for Bella Vista Bypass Future I49 is scheduled for 2020. No actual date so I would assume they have talked to Missouri and they will start there job also during 2020.

MikieTimT

• Last Login: Today at 12:23:10 AM
« Reply #2352 on: February 12, 2019, 02:30:06 PM »

Going to be a mess in Bentonville/Rogers for a few months with Exit 86 north ramps (entrance and exit) closed to tie in with the 8th St. exit rampworks.  Looks like a bunch of traffic getting dumped onto Exit 85 for U-turns, so I'd definitely avoid Exit 85 until after May.

http://ardot.gov/news/2019_news/NR%2019-033.pdf

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: February 20, 2019, 11:19:20 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #2353 on: February 12, 2019, 08:48:05 PM »

Going to be a mess in Bentonville/Rogers for a few months with Exit 86 north ramps (entrance and exit) closed to tie in with the 8th St. exit rampworks.  Looks like a bunch of traffic getting dumped onto Exit 85 for U-turns, so I'd definitely avoid Exit 85 until after May.

http://ardot.gov/news/2019_news/NR%2019-033.pdf

Likely going to be a mess after they finish, as well, with SB traffic exiting at 8th Street to access 14th.
a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.