RIP Andrew Filer (1980–2021) "afiler"

Started by formulanone, July 13, 2023, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

During yesterday's online game "Where in the USA is this?", I noticed that the credits for the photos used were from Andrew Filer (in memorial). I'd followed him on Flickr and recall was also a member of AARoads, but also noticed the stream of posts and photos suddenly stopped. He'd also written books about the smallest of towns and places, particularly in the Great Plains.

Sadly, it seems he passed away in November 2021.

He self-published four books of his photography including Northeast, Sunsets, Everydot (a multi-year project where he photographed "every dot"  on the map of North Dakota), and Small Places. He appreciated mass transit (and their maps) and was involved in various mass transit projects out West. He enjoyed history, designed the website for Pennington County Historical Society, and digitized the Holt newspaper as well as hundreds of family slides, photographs and videos.

RIP Andrew

bing101

Henry

Even though I never had the chance to meet him in person, I've noted that he also lived in Seattle, and obviously took great pride in his hobbies. So, a belated RIP to Andrew.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.