News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Most irritating emoji

Started by kurumi, May 08, 2024, 12:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For fun: which emoji bugs you?

😂
0 (0%)
🤣
2 (12.5%)
😝
0 (0%)
👏
5 (31.3%)
💀
4 (25%)
🤡
4 (25%)
🚱
1 (6.3%)
🛣️
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Duke87

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 08, 2024, 07:02:05 AMAt least on these forums, the most annoying one people overuse is  :banghead:

That is not an emoji. Emoji are characters in unicode, the forum's built in smileys are GIF images, which are a different thing entirely.

Anyway, there is no emoji I specifically am irritated by, but what I am irritated by is when people add a goddamn s to the end of the word to pluralize it. It's a Japanese word, folks, Japanese words do not change when plural. The plural of emoji is emoji, therefore.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

MATraveler128

Definitely 💩
Formerly BlueOutback7

Lowest untraveled number: 96

kkt

Quote from: kurumi on May 08, 2024, 12:46:19 AMBack in the day, all we had was ":-)"

(some of the Japanese character emojis are explained here: http://www.kurumi.com/jp/2016/06/11/k-emoji.html)

You had ":-)"?  We had to make do with ": )"!  And we were glad to get it!

Molandfreak

🍑 for sure. Remember when it was replaced with a normal-looking peach for a while but they changed it back because of public outcry? I can never use the emoji for my favorite fruit because of its other connotations!
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Big John

Quote from: jlam on May 09, 2024, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on May 09, 2024, 04:33:53 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 09, 2024, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on May 09, 2024, 07:39:14 AM
Quote from: vdeane on May 08, 2024, 12:46:49 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 08, 2024, 08:54:20 AMGoing to go with :pan: because of a certain "ssssssssssss" themed forum poster.
Remember the person who responded to posts with  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful: ?

I think that was the now-banned user "snowc." If he hadn't been banned, I might have responded to this thread with, "Whatever one(s) snowc is overusing at the moment."

snowc isn't banned. At least, not by us.

That's interesting. For some reason I thought he was (and no, I'm not confusing him with tolbs17). Either way, he hasn't posted in almost two years. Maybe his parents took away his Internet access like he said they were threatening to do.

I recall him saying something about stepping away for a while. I'm not sure if there's some underlying cause. All I know is that he definitely wasn't banned.
posted today in I-685 thread.

Rothman

Quote from: Big John on May 21, 2024, 06:28:39 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 08, 2024, 08:54:20 AMGoing to go with :pan: because of a certain "ssssssssssss" themed forum poster.
Remember the person who responded to posts with  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful: ?

I think that was the now-banned user "snowc." If he hadn't been banned, I might have responded to this thread with, "Whatever one(s) snowc is overusing at the moment."

That's interesting. For some reason I thought he was (and no, I'm not confusing him with tolbs17). Either way, he hasn't posted in almost two years. Maybe his parents took away his Internet access like he said they were threatening to do.

I recall him saying something about stepping away for a while. I'm not sure if there's some underlying cause. All I know is that he definitely wasn't banned.

Suspicious timing.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: Duke87 on May 18, 2024, 10:09:26 AMAnyway, there is no emoji I specifically am irritated by, but what I am irritated by is when people add a goddamn s to the end of the word to pluralize it. It's a Japanese word, folks, Japanese words do not change when plural. The plural of emoji is emoji, therefore.

I also get upset when people go to châteaus or other forums to buy a few pizzas.  :-D
I-290   I-294   I-55   (I-74)   (I-72)   I-40   I-30   US-59   US-190   TX-30   TX-6

snowc

Quote from: Rothman on May 21, 2024, 06:35:21 PM
Quote from: Big John on May 21, 2024, 06:28:39 PM

Suspicious timing.
I have returned from much consideration and thought. I have significantly changed from the last time. I just needed a timeout for 2 years. But after hearing that AARoads went down due to Russians, the internet needed me. So I have returned, for now.
I was not banned, I needed a long "wikibreak" as most Wikipedians say. Don't think that I left for good.
Not being contradicting or being stupid, but I needed to get away from one user that nitpicks about everything regarding NC roads (now banned), and I am not saying his name.
So I am back. for now.

hotdogPi

The outage wasn't caused by the Russians, contrary to initial reports. It was actually caused by a mismatch between versions in the forum software and a programming language, which caused too many error messages to be output in the log.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

SectorZ

Quote from: hotdogPi on May 23, 2024, 03:46:31 PMThe outage wasn't caused by the Russians, contrary to initial reports. It was actually caused by a mismatch between versions in the forum software and a programming language, which caused too many error messages to be output in the log.

That's just the propaganda the Russians want you to believe  :D

Rothman

In Soviet Russia, the software mismatches you.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

I could buy PHP 8 being a Russian plot.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: hotdogPi on May 23, 2024, 03:46:31 PMThe outage wasn't caused by the Russians, contrary to initial reports. It was actually caused by a mismatch between versions in the forum software and a programming language, which caused too many error messages to be output in the log.

In all seriousness, why would the Russians target this forum? What possible sense would that make?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Quote from: hbelkins on May 28, 2024, 05:20:09 PMIn all seriousness, why would the Russians target this forum? What possible sense would that make?
Lots of ransomware and whatnot originates in Russia because the Russian government doesn't really care so long as its targeted away from Russia and its allies.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

Quote from: vdeane on May 28, 2024, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on May 28, 2024, 05:20:09 PMIn all seriousness, why would the Russians target this forum? What possible sense would that make?
Lots of ransomware and whatnot originates in Russia because the Russian government doesn't really care so long as its targeted away from Russia and its allies.

To the point that installing the Russian language pack on your computer (assuming you run Windows) actually works as a prophylaxis against ransomware because a lot of such programs will check to see if such is there and then shut down before doing anything nasty if it is, in order to avoid attacking computers belonging to people and companies in Russia.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

vdeane

Quote from: Duke87 on May 29, 2024, 12:19:44 AMTo the point that installing the Russian language pack on your computer (assuming you run Windows) actually works as a prophylaxis against ransomware because a lot of such programs will check to see if such is there and then shut down before doing anything nasty if it is, in order to avoid attacking computers belonging to people and companies in Russia.
Sounds like an easy way to improve security by Microsoft would be to make that installed by default.  I wonder what the hackers would do then.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.