227 NEW photos and videos from the West and Midwest!

Started by bandit73, September 17, 2010, 05:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

corco

Nice!

Going in order on your Wyoming assumptions

1. Yes, that is old US-30 (part b)
2. Yes, that is old US-30, did you see the old railroad overpass? (part c)
3. No, that's actually the (scary and needs to be replaced) Snowy Range Rd/WYO 130/WYO 230 viaduct (part d)
4. I have idea if that's exit 279 or not (part e)
5. Yes, that is Elk Mountain (part e)
6. Yes, that is old 30 (part e)
7. Yes, that is the Sinclair oil refinery, not a sanitation facility (part e)
8. Yes, that is Rawlins (part e)
9. I am not sure if that is old 30 or not, but that's a safe bet (part e)
10. I am not sure if that is a footbridge or not (part f)
11. I can't say with certainty, but I'd bet money that's snow. I drove through a snowstorm in that same general area in July and the peaks still definitely had snow on them (part f)
12. I'm 95% sure that photo is facing west (part h)
13. Those are deer fences erected by WYDOT- the WYO 28 corridor especially is notorious for massive amounts of deer. Corporations don't own much land in Wyoming- they'll lease the occasional property from ranchers or the state to drill for oil or to put up a wind farm, but they don't usually erect fences around the perimeter of their property, just the area immediately surrounding the rigs or windmills- there's no reason to waste money fencing land they aren't using (and probably don't hold rights to). Ranchers generally don't put up perimeter fences along major roads either- WYDOT either does it for them because most of Wyoming has a serious deer-hitting problem or they just let the cows use the highway (Wyoming has an open range law, so if you hit the cow you have no legal recourse for damages and have to buy the cow at market price). I'm about 80% sure the land along that part of WYO 28 is BLM land.  (part h)
14. The Wind River Canyon is my favorite part of the entire state; I'm glad you got to see it (part i)

bugo

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.