News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Button Copy Signs of Ohio

Started by MDOTFanFB, January 03, 2011, 08:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDOTFanFB

Yesterday, I went on a trip to the suburbs of Toledo, Ohio. There, I saw plenty of button copy (and some Clearview  :no:)

Let's start on I-75 south:

I turned around at OH 795.

Next one on I-280 north:

Last few on I-75 north, ending at the MI state line:

Comment on these photos above.

Also, share your own pics of button copy signs in Ohio.

mightyace

The photos of Ohio button copy signs that I've uploaded so far is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace/sets/72157622958105815/
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

jjakucyk

You'd love Cincinnati, there's more button copy than anything else.  Much of it is actually fairly new, installed in the 1990s, but still it's everywhere. 

hbelkins

Quote from: jjakucyk on January 06, 2011, 12:44:54 PM
You'd love Cincinnati, there's more button copy than anything else.  Much of it is actually fairly new, installed in the 1990s, but still it's everywhere. 

There's quite a bit of button copy to be found in Ohio. On I-75, all the signs south of I-74 have been replaced but there's still plenty between I-74 and I-275. It's plentiful along I-71 and in the Columbus area, too, as well as I-70 in the western part of the state.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

The Premier

As well as some in Greater Cleveland.
Alex P. Dent

thenetwork

Quote from: MDOTFanFB on January 03, 2011, 08:36:49 PM

Removed all those big images that don't need to be there

Comment on these photos above.

Also, share your own pics of button copy signs in Ohio.

Based on the photos, I can probably say that those button copy signs on I-75 between I-280 and the Michigan border are from the widening in the late-80's/early 90's.  And as far as the Button copies on I-280 in Toledo (those which are left from SR-2 to the Turnpike -- all others were replaced with the new Maumee River Bridge project), the majority of those date back to the early to mid-80's when that stretch of I-280 was finally upgraded to interstate standards (there were many at-grade crossings with several county roads prior to that).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.