News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Duval County Road Signs

Started by jwolfer, January 20, 2011, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwolfer

Duval County/City of Jacksonville does not post CR pentagons.  I really think that some of the major arterials should have it posted, especally when the road is signed in the adjacent county ( ie CR 228 and CR 217) or a contuation of a SR (again 228).  I guess technically every road in the city of Jacksonville would be a CR so I am talking major routes or old SSRs, not every street in the city

Duval Road (CR 110) out by the Jax Airport used to have C-110 signs--I dont know if they are still there( damn I need a camera).  There are a few junctions w state highways where the DOT has erected CR pentagons.  CR 228 off of US 301 and CR 121 off of US 90 come to mind.  I have made the trip out to western Duval County just to see the Duval County pentagon.

Ian

This C-110 shield is at the corner of Duval and Airport Roads by the Jacksonville Airport:

This was taken this past April, so it could still be there.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

jwolfer

Quote from: PennDOTFan on January 20, 2011, 05:23:42 PM
This C-110 shield is at the corner of Duval and Airport Roads by the Jacksonville Airport:

This was taken this past April, so it could still be there.

Airport Road was recently repaved.  I don't know if the sign is still there.  Last time I went to the Airport i had my wife with me and for some reason she doesn't appreciate side trips to look at signs

florida

They won't sign county routes in the urban areas, but they still keep up signage for SR 109A.
So many roads...so little time.

NE2

"They" is a different government in the first and second halves of your sentence.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jwolfer on January 21, 2011, 12:49:17 PM
Airport Road was recently repaved.  I don't know if the sign is still there.  Last time I went to the Airport i had my wife with me and for some reason she doesn't appreciate side trips to look at signs

Next time I'm down there, I'll check on that sign if somebody doesn't beat me to it.  I normally stay at that interchange on I-95 when I'm in Jacksonville.

jwolfer

Quote from: florida on January 21, 2011, 07:41:19 PM
They won't sign county routes in the urban areas, but they still keep up signage for SR 109A.

The only time you see CR pentagons in Jax is when the FDOT puts them up at Junctions.  Especailly if the CR continues into the next county

florida

Quote from: NE2 on January 21, 2011, 09:14:28 PM
"They" is a different government in the first and second halves of your sentence.

Petition for open communication between the two starts now ;)
So many roads...so little time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.