News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-410 Baton Rouge

Started by Henry, February 08, 2011, 04:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Interstate 410 has had a long history in Louisiana. Although no existing highway currently carries that designation, it was originally planned as a connector in the New Orleans area between what are now I-310 and I-510, and then moved to a northern loop around Baton Rouge. Apparently, they're trying to get it up and running, according to the following excerpt from the Interstate-Guide page:

The report recommends a six-phase approach toward building the highway:

• Phase One - Plank Road east to Louisiana 16/Range Road, $263 million, open 2012
  • Phase Two - Louisiana 16/Range Road east to Louisiana 447/Walker North Road, $76 million, open 2014
  • Phase Three - Louisiana 447/Walker North Road east to Interstate 12, $87 million, open 2014
  • Phase Four - Interstate 10 east to U.S. 190/Louisiana 1, $93 million, open 2016
  • Phase Five - upgrade U.S. 190 from Phase Four segment east to Mississippi River Bridge, $72 million, open 2018
  • Phase Six - upgrade U.S. 190 Mississippi River Bridge and extend freeway through northern Baton Rouge along U.S. 61-190 east to Plank Road, $319 million, open 2020

Does anyone know the current status of the I-410 project?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

froggie

Yep.  On hold...no money.  The schedule that Alex cites on I-G was a suggested schedule that wound up being too ambitious.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Henry on February 08, 2011, 04:57:36 PM
Interstate 410 has had a long history in Louisiana. Although no existing highway currently carries that designation, it was originally planned as a connector in the New Orleans area between what are now I-310 and I-510, and then moved to a northern loop around Baton Rouge. Apparently, they're trying to get it up and running, according to the following excerpt from the Interstate-Guide page:

The report recommends a six-phase approach toward building the highway:

• Phase One - Plank Road east to Louisiana 16/Range Road, $263 million, open 2012
  • Phase Two - Louisiana 16/Range Road east to Louisiana 447/Walker North Road, $76 million, open 2014
  • Phase Three - Louisiana 447/Walker North Road east to Interstate 12, $87 million, open 2014
  • Phase Four - Interstate 10 east to U.S. 190/Louisiana 1, $93 million, open 2016
  • Phase Five - upgrade U.S. 190 from Phase Four segment east to Mississippi River Bridge, $72 million, open 2018
  • Phase Six - upgrade U.S. 190 Mississippi River Bridge and extend freeway through northern Baton Rouge along U.S. 61-190 east to Plank Road, $319 million, open 2020

Does anyone know the current status of the I-410 project?

Back to suspended animation (not dead, but not active)
See https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2395.0
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Anthony_JK

Actually, more like dead.

The new focus is to revive efforts to widen I-10 within Baton Rouge, and possibly build a commuter rail between BR and NOLA.

There is simply no support anymore for a Baton Rouge bypass, since Ascension and Iberville Parish officials opted out of the loop study.

Far better to improve LA 1 (or build a direct connection between I-10 west of Port Allen to Addis) to Plaquemine, then use the Sunshine Bridge to connect with I-10 south of Gonzales; or just complete I-49 South between Lafayette and New Orleans.

Anthony

brownpelican

Quote from: Anthony_JK on February 11, 2011, 12:21:31 PM
Actually, more like dead.

The new focus is to revive efforts to widen I-10 within Baton Rouge, and possibly build a commuter rail between BR and NOLA.

There is simply no support anymore for a Baton Rouge bypass, since Ascension and Iberville Parish officials opted out of the loop study.

Far better to improve LA 1 (or build a direct connection between I-10 west of Port Allen to Addis) to Plaquemine, then use the Sunshine Bridge to connect with I-10 south of Gonzales; or just complete I-49 South between Lafayette and New Orleans.

Anthony

Yeah. Ascension Parish is more interested in working with Livingston Parish on a new toll bridge/highway over the Amite River north of Port Vincent.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.