News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello, AARoads Forum!

Started by sandwalk, June 14, 2011, 09:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandwalk

Just wanted to say hey.  I've been familiar with AARoads.com and just happened to stumble across the forum through a Google search about a transportation article.  I figured this forum is something that I'd enjoy being a part of.

For what it's worth, I am originally from Ohio (Sandusky area), lived there from birth until 2006.  I moved to northern Illinois for college and am currently living and working in Rockford, Illinois.  I know a lot of people see Rockford as separate from Chicago but honestly I've never viewed it that way (probably because I'm not a native Illinoisan).  Rockford is an integral part of northern Illinois and the transportation planning that goes on in the RTA counties and their neighboring counties should definitely look at the broader region (Rockford, Kankakee, DeKalb, NW Indiana, SE Wisconsin, etc.) in terms of planning (roads, rail, business incentives, etc.).  It's my hope to someday be able to live in the city of Chicago, or perhaps closer to home in Cleveland or Columbus......and hopefully have better access to these locales by a greater transportation network.

Anyway, not to get off topic.....LOL.....but browsing through the the different topics (fictional roads, regional topics, etc.) is great!  I'm loving it already!

So yeah, thanks for having me  :sombrero:

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Greetings from back in Ohio. SW corner of Morrow County to be precise.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Brandon

Heh.  The RTA (and IDOT District 1 for that matter) is a bit myopic from this Jolietan's point of view.  They seem to care more about Cook and DuPage Counties and forget about the rest of the area.  Being from here, we (Joliet, Kankakee, Rockford, DeKalb) do tend to view ourselves as independent from Chicago.  Ask someone from Naperville, and they'll say they're from Chicago.  Ask someone from Rockford, and they'll say they're from Rockford.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.