News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello from Green Country

Started by BigOkie, August 28, 2011, 02:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigOkie

Guess I registered here back in January but completely forgot about it (being 44, that's not surprising).

I've lived in two different regions in my life, SE Texas and NE Oklahoma.  I've visited many places, but NE Oklahoma is where I was born and I returned.  I live near the Traffic Circle in Tulsa (intersection of Admiral and Mingo).

Used to bury myself in the old Rand-McNally atlases, and would study them for hours on end.  Then, when mapping software became available, I was a yearly purchaser of the DeLorme software.  Got my first GPS last year, but now use my Android for that.  Fascinated by signage and the interstate highway system.

I am a Software Quality Analyst for a background screening company.  I try and break their web applications.  It can be fun, but sometimes it requires weird hours.

Took several photos yesterday of the work along I-44, including the new monotube signage.  Unsure as to where to post them, so I'm asking for a little guidance so I remain within the guidelines of the forum.

Alps

Welcome! There are a couple possibilities, and I think they're okay where you put them. They could also go into one of the regional boards. Read our guidelines, read some threads to get a feel for things, and keep on contributing!

Scott5114

Welcome! Always great to have another Oklahoman here.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

Welcome to the chat board.  I've been in Tulsa at I-44 and Lewis for about 4 years now. I-44 is now a mess between the river and the Harvard interchange, and is going to get worse when they close Lewis.  From what I understand, the new I-44 will run south of the current alignment and will cross over Lewis instead of going under it as it currently does.  A lot of earth will have to be moved.  They're also installing Texas-style U turn ramps at the Peoria and Lewis interchanges (there's already a set at the Yale interchange.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.