News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Greetings from Orange County

Started by OCGuy81, September 15, 2011, 10:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCGuy81

Hello everyone,

What a fantastic forum!  I have long been a travel enthusiast, and probably reading road atlases for fun since I've been about 4.  I collect license plates, maps, road signs, anything "travel Americana". 

I look forward to reading all the information available, and being a contributor to what seems to be a great community!

Cheers!

Desert Man

Hey OCGuy  :colorful:, welcome to the AAroads forum. I have few relatives of both sides of family lived or grew up in the OC, my half-sister (Dad's daughter) in the so-called city of Orange and my Mom grew up in Garden Grove (the westside, or eastgate), but I live in the Palm Springs area. I have an interest in maps, roads, sprawl, political things, current events and demographics. This is a place for me to post my mind on the world of roads and traveling.  :nod: Oddly, my parents only met in my hometown in the 1970s. 
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

OCGuy81

Hi Mike D,

Thank you for the welcome.  And I like the logo you're using.  I try to get to a few Ducks games each year!

Ian

Welcome from Philadelphia! You ought to post some photos of your road signs and license plates!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

OCGuy81

@PennDOTFan.  Thank you! I can assure you, I'll be posting pictures of my collections.  All in good time!

Ian

Quote from: OCGuy81 on September 16, 2011, 04:55:27 PM
@PennDOTFan.  Thank you! I can assure you, I'll be posting pictures of my collections.  All in good time!

Take your time  :D
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

andy3175

Greetings from San Diego, and welcome to the AARoads Forum!

Regards,
Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

ACSC Collector

Greetings!

I am from Cypress and have collecting maps for over 50 years so I have quite a sort of vintage maps & atlases. I am an avid ACSC collector and would love to trade! I will post articles about my hobby from time to time with interesting trivia. Such as ACSC once printed maps showing the ill fated Bullfrog County in Nevada. It is one of the very few maps ever showing the short lived county

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.