News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

BASE-BALL

Started by corco, October 28, 2011, 12:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

So the Red Sox are first and the White Sox are last?

That puts the Pink Sox directly in the middle.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

agentsteel53

Quote from: 1 on September 27, 2013, 02:49:44 PM
So the Red Sox are first and the White Sox are last?

That puts the Pink Sox directly in the middle.

I don't get it.  is this some weird reference to a threesome?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hotdogPi

Red + white = pink.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kendancy66

Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 27, 2013, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: 1 on September 27, 2013, 03:15:34 PM
Red + white = pink.

.. 1 * 1 = 1.  so?
I guess you have never made clothes washing mistakes before.  If a red shirt gets mixed up with the socks and underwear. And then you wash that in hot water, then the red dye of the red shirt bleeds off onto the white clothes and turns them pink.

triplemultiplex

That's how Homer Simpson got to meet "Michael Jackson". ;)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

CentralCAroadgeek

One-game series for a one-game series, anyone? The Rangers and Rays are tied for the second Wild Card, so a tiebreaker game is to be played to determine who plays against the Indians in the one-game Wild Card.

Also, the Marlins' Henderson Alvarez threw a no-hitter against the Tigers on the last game of the regular season.

Henry

The Rangers lose Game 163 at home, so the Rays are moving on to Cleveland.

And back in Chicago, the Cubs have fired another manager after two terrible years at the helm, so here we go again. They'll hire a new manager, and when he fails to get them into the postseason (or even the World Series), they'll fire him and hire yet another new skipper. Circle of life on the North Side...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

AsphaltPlanet

I have put a temporary moratorium on my Blue Jays fandom.  From here until November, Let's go 'bucks!
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

kurumi

I'm calling it: A's defeat Pirates in World Series, 4 games to 2 :-)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Desert Man

Congrats to the L.A. Dodgers going into the post-season (from a not-so-happy Angels fan), but I hope a world series appearance in Southern California, as the last time the Dodgers went to the fall classic was 25 years ago. The Dodgers had a rocky, yet fantastic season depended on Manny Ramirez who was injured and on the DL in the summer. And Athletics/ Cardinals great Mark McGwire is in the Dodgers' coaching team. Oddly, McGwire was part of the 1988 Oakland A's team defeated by the very team he's now in their staff.

Meanwhile, the Oakland A's won another AL west division title. Keep an eye out on the Cardinals (NL) and Red Sox (AL), because I sense the two teams would go farther than let's say the Tigers (last year's world series contenders) or Rays won by a fluke in the AL tiebreaker game. I watched the Pirates beat the Reds in the NL wild card game last night.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Henry

Guess I'll be a Pirates fan now, as I absolutely despise the Cardinals! And I'm hoping the Dodgers do well in the playoffs as well. On the AL side, I'm having a hard time deciding who to root for...maybe Boston, for sentimental reasons.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Roadmaestro95

Are the Buccos even ready for the true postseason challenge? Well St. Louis told them, "Ahh we betta. 9-1. We already won Game 1."

Oh and A-Roid is suing Major League Baseball for creating a "witch hunt" on him...all I know is that no body really gives a damn about him at this point because his team didn't make the playoffs...and he isn't going to win this battle we all sort of knew was coming.
Hope everyone is safe!

Mr_Northside

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on October 04, 2013, 11:42:55 AM
Are the Buccos even ready for the true postseason challenge? Well St. Louis told them, "Ahh we betta. 9-1. We already won Game 1."

Yeah.  The Pirates looked like crap yesterday... but they turned it around and convincingly won 7-1 this afternoon....
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

Brandon

Quote from: Henry on October 01, 2013, 01:58:36 PM
The Rangers lose Game 163 at home, so the Rays are moving on to Cleveland.

And back in Chicago, the Cubs have fired another manager after two terrible years at the helm, so here we go again. They'll hire a new manager, and when he fails to get them into the postseason (or even the World Series), they'll fire him and hire yet another new skipper. Circle of life on the North Side...

You guys seriously need to demand better instead of treating Wrigley Field like the world's largest outdoor bar.  Even Lions fans wear paper bags over their heads to show their disgust for the 0 and 16 season.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Henry

Well, Pittsburgh is one win away from a trip to the NLCS and a possible rematch with the Braves. I'm hoping they win tonight.

EDIT: I take that back. The Dodgers eliminated Atlanta last night, so the Pirates and Cardinals will play Game 5 for the right to face L.A. in the NLCS. I'm still rooting for Pittsburgh.

triplemultiplex

The final division series game is on right now and things are looking good for Detroit.  They are up 3-0 and Verlander has a no-no through 5.

I'm disappointed Pittsburgh lost yesterday.  Damn Cardinals.

Roadmaestro95

Sawx v. Tigers and Cards v. Dodgers...probably most dominant team in this mix is Boston. They have enough pitching and they can practically score 10 runs if they'd like every game with the bearded lineup they have. Besides, being a Yankee hater and ya know Boston Strong, I'd LOVE to see Boston win it all this year after not taking the Stanley Cup home.
Hope everyone is safe!

Henry

Boston vs. L.A. is my World Series pick. For once, it would be nice to see these two cities vie for a championship in something other than basketball.

Desert Man

The Cards-Dodgers NLCS game 1 was LONG...13 innings, until the Cards made a run to win game 1 by a score of 3-2. I wanna see the Dodgers in the world series this time, however the Cardinal matchup is too powerful to defeat. The Dodgers blew it and not to fret, they have another chance tonight.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

ET21

Dodgers-Red Sox for WS please
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

CentralCAroadgeek

In my opinion, a Cardinals/Tigers World Series would have epic pitching. But I'd like a Cardinals/Red Sox World Series because the Red Sox were my original predictions and, as a Giants fan, I want the Dodgers out as soon as possible.

triplemultiplex

Detroit is pitching the shit out of Boston so far.  I'm watching game 2 and Bah-stin has only one hit through a game and a half.  Which is fine with me as the Tigers are the last team still playing that I don't hate.  (And while I was typing, the big bats for Detroit did some damage!)

For the record, I hate the Cardinals most.  The reason is 2011.  The Cards have been to the World Series so much everyone's lost track, but the first time in my life that my team has a really good shot at going all the way, here comes St. Louis shitting all over my dreams on their way to yet another world championship.  Just throw it on the pile; maybe it'll land next to the one you got by beating Milwaukee in '82.
The Boozers were great all season and played the best baseball the city had seen in decades but St. Louis comes out of nowhere and goes on a hot streak just in time to win it all.  Bastards.  My hate will not be appeased until the Milwaukee Brewers defeat the St. Louis Cardinals in a post-season series.  I don't care is you're a 'great baseball city', I will take that shit to the grave if I have to.
At least I can take solace in that my team's stadium is named after a better beer than their team's stadium.

hotdogPi

I've noticed.

Currently the game is 5-0, Detroit. 4 of those 5 were in the last 10 minutes.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50

hotdogPi

Score Update:

Big Papi hit a grand slam, tying the game.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.