News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Vote For "America's Manliest Restaurant"

Started by Grzrd, July 20, 2012, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Men's Health Magazine is conducting a vote for America's Manliest Restaurant.  Here in the ATL, I frequent Hankook Taqueria and I have voted for them.  The self-described "Hankook Hotties" who take orders and serve the food are alone worth the visit.  :sombrero:  Otherwise, a great deal!

The polls close on July 31.

EDIT

Although not on this year's ballot, I do want to mention Ann's Snack Bar in Atlanta,

Ann is nearing retirement age and has been trying to sell the place for a few years years, without success.  If you are a burger aficionado and visiting Atlanta in near future, it is worth the pilgrimage:

This review itemizes the ingedients:

I asked about the difference between the "World-Famous"  Ghetto Burger and the slightly more-expensive "˜Hood Burger.  The Ghetto is a double cheeseburger served with chili, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup, and mustard.  The "˜Hood swaps out the lettuce and tomato for slaw.

The Wall Street Journal proclaimed it 2007's best burger. Definitely a manly burger.

empirestate

Gotta be the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, with the famous 72-ounce steak one-hour challenge. You can also get rattlesnake and mountain oysters.

Alps

Quote from: empirestate on July 20, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
Gotta be the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, with the famous 72-ounce steak one-hour challenge. You can also get rattlesnake and mountain oysters.
72? That's nothing. I've seen 96 or even 102 (just to hit 3 digits). Only in Texas.

bugo

I don't know which one is manliest, but I know it isn't Chick-Fil-A.

english si

Quote from: Steve on July 20, 2012, 08:36:13 PM72? That's nothing. I've seen 96 or even 102 (just to hit 3 digits).
While manly and big meals do go well, these eating contests are more boyish. There's such a thing as 'too big to be manly'.

Not America, but: http://www.sausagetreepub.co.uk/ <- huge choice of beers, a menu which is very meat-based, and you can cook your own steaks - with a selection of 'exotic' animals in addition to your basic stuff (A wildebeest is basically a type of cow, but it's more manly than simple beef).

Alps

Quote from: bugo on July 20, 2012, 09:05:01 PM
I don't know which one is manliest, but I know it isn't Chick-Fil-A.
Keep that in the other restaurant thread, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.