AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Indiana Notes  (Read 199537 times)

nwi_navigator_1181

• Outside of Northwest Indiana's Interstate Triangle

• Last Login: October 18, 2017, 09:30:49 PM
Re: Indiana Notes
« Reply #1200 on: September 16, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »

Interstate updates for my neck of the woods as construction season begins "winding down:"

Work on I-94 throughout the state continues, including now the stretch between I-65 and the Toll Road interchange. From Kennedy Avenue to I-65, concrete restoration continues (westbound lanes, with eastbound slated for next year), and from I-65 to Michigan, work is continuing for full blown resurfacing. Work is still scheduled to finish in November.

On I-65, work progresses nicely on the widening project between US 30 and Indiana 2. Bridge work over US 231 and Indiana 2 is on schedule, with beam installation starting in the coming weeks. INDOT Northwest posted photos on their Facebook page showing work done south of US 231. Median excavation has given way to asphalt paving, which started earlier this week. As for the stretch between US 231 and US 30, that portion of the project was held off until next year because of a "greater need" for this section. If I were to venture a guess, I wonder if it has to do with the concrete of the driving lanes; the lanes feel a bit ratted and uneven...VERY bumpy for a concrete surface. Work is still scheduled to end December 2018.
"Slower Traffic Keep Right" means just that.
You use turn signals. Every Time. Every Transition.

ysuindy

• Last Login: October 18, 2017, 06:53:26 AM
« Reply #1201 on: September 19, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »

INDOT to reconstruct North Split in Indy - possible late 2019 construction start

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INDOT/bulletins/1b7fc08

silverback1065

• Last Login: Today at 04:58:02 PM
« Reply #1202 on: September 19, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »

the south split is also going to be reconstructed eventually, it's in the concept phase now.

CtrlAltDel

• Last Login: Today at 03:59:04 PM
« Reply #1203 on: September 19, 2017, 05:03:14 PM »

INDOT to reconstruct North Split in Indy - possible late 2019 construction start

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INDOT/bulletins/1b7fc08

I hope they fix that northbound curve on I-65.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465, 640

tdindy88

• Last Login: Today at 09:11:52 AM
« Reply #1204 on: September 19, 2017, 09:00:53 PM »

the south split is also going to be reconstructed eventually, it's in the concept phase now.

What exactly of the South Split needs to be rebuilt? They redid the highway from Washington Street down to the split and redid all of the bridges there. Plus the bridges in the actual interchange have been rebuilt. Other than maybe repaving some of the asphalt stretches left in that interchange I don't see how it can be redone more. Not certainly like the North Split which does indeed need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

silverback1065

« Reply #1205 on: September 19, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »

What exactly of the South Split needs to be rebuilt? They redid the highway from Washington Street down to the split and redid all of the bridges there. Plus the bridges in the actual interchange have been rebuilt. Other than maybe repaving some of the asphalt stretches left in that interchange I don't see how it can be redone more. Not certainly like the North Split which does indeed need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

i-70 needs to come in from the right, not the left.

tdindy88

• Last Login: Today at 09:11:52 AM
« Reply #1206 on: September 19, 2017, 09:50:29 PM »

Of course if they redo the North Split exit so that I-70 traffic leaves from the left and I-65 north traffic from the right then that problem is taken care of. Not sure if that is exactly part of the plan though.

jhuntin1

• Last Login: Today at 05:20:28 PM
« Reply #1207 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »

Of course if they redo the North Split exit so that I-70 traffic leaves from the left and I-65 north traffic from the right then that problem is taken care of. Not sure if that is exactly part of the plan though.
Maybe not the plan, but I think it would provide the best option to build longer ramps with gentler curves to decrease the number of accidents that happen there. I can't imagine how they could do that easily, though, without extended road closures.

Speaking of closures, Hyperfix had the entire 65-70 multiplex closed for several months and life went on. If they could come up with a solid plan that, once the initial groundwork was done with the usual lane closures, could complete the project in 4-6 months instead of two years if they closed it entirely would INDOT go for it?

DevalDragon

• Last Login: October 15, 2017, 03:23:38 AM
    • Deval Dragon's Website
« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:57 AM »

Interstate updates for my neck of the woods as construction season begins "winding down:"

Work on I-94 throughout the state continues, including now the stretch between I-65 and the Toll Road interchange. From Kennedy Avenue to I-65, concrete restoration continues (westbound lanes, with eastbound slated for next year), and from I-65 to Michigan, work is continuing for full blown resurfacing. Work is still scheduled to finish in November.

They have flipped the 'suicide lane' to the westbound side and have started concrete restoration on the eastbound side. I thought it was kind of late in the season to do that, but they did. And I am very happy to see it as the eastbound lanes, especially near Cline Ave, have become very rough.

mvak36

• 2016 WS champs!!!!

• Last Login: Today at 03:23:05 PM
« Reply #1209 on: Today at 10:36:49 AM »

Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

silverback1065

« Reply #1210 on: Today at 12:11:41 PM »

I knew about 65 and 70, but 94? why? what's the free alternate? us 12?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.