News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

New Member...Veteran to the traffic signal collector community

Started by basilicon89, November 13, 2012, 09:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basilicon89

Hi guys,

Some of you may know me from other forums, others may have seen my web pages in the past or my photos... My name is Nick and I have been collecting traffic signal equipment for over 15 years now. My interest is mainly in the newer technology but I collect a broad spectrum of traffic signals from as early as the 1930's to todays most sophisticated technology. I'm very involved in the traffic signal collector community, meeting many collectors and attending signal collector weekends over the course of the years.

To keep it short here is a link to my Flickr collection page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/40838777@N08/sets/72157624993274668/with/7986775392/

I also rebuilt and own a full size controller cabinet running NEMA TS-2. My display mimics an intersection, complete with signal lights, crosswalk buttons, video cameras, and lots and lots of wire.

I stumbled upon this forum when I did a search for extra information for one of my programmable signals... the Intelight Electronic Steerable Beam. I found a thread that I will contribute to shortly.

Hope to become familiarized with this place and will answer any questions regarding traffic signals and associated equipment.

-Nick

Ian

Hey Nick, welcome to the forum!

-Ian (signalkid1 on STF)
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

basilicon89

I thought I recognized that username! hahah It is definitely a change being the newbie for once :-P! This place looks like its very interesting from the browsing I've done. Hope to contribute more over time...

Ian

Quote from: basilicon89 on November 13, 2012, 04:16:32 PM
I thought I recognized that username! hahah It is definitely a change being the newbie for once :-P! This place looks like its very interesting from the browsing I've done. Hope to contribute more over time...

Even though we mainly focus on roads and construction projects here, the topic of traffic signals does come up frequently, especially under this board. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy what this forum has to offer!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.