News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New to AARoads Forum

Started by Bernieyeball, February 19, 2013, 01:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernieyeball

Hello from Makanda Township Illinois!
Telephone trash for 35 years.  Worked the Telephone Industry in 14 states and crossed several others to get to those jobs.  All in all I have driven to or through 35 states including hitchhiking from San Francisco to St. Louis and Denver to St. Louis.  Have yet to visit New England or the Northwest.  Might make it to Alaska someday.  I don't mind flying but refuse to submit to cavity inspections so I may not make it to Hawaii.
Drove PU Trucks for years as I would put them on the job at whatever Telephone Exchange I was working.  Most recently three F-150's ('89 '92 and '03) for a combined 530,000 miles.  Pushed the 2003 from the Midwest to Southern California and back five times in the last four years to visit family.  Now that I am retired I plan on more road trips (have at least 13 more states to visit.)
Like driving the trucks but the gas expense is killing me. 
Two weeks ago I bought a new 2013 Ford Fusion S.  Luv this car!  Can't wait to get it on the road.  Gas for the next West Coast trip should be about 1/3 what I paid to take the F-150.  With the savings I can afford to visit Maine, Montana or ???   

Alex

amh424

Welcome from a fellow Illinois poster :)

Brandon

Welcome to the forum by another one from much further upstate, closer to the the corruption capital of the US.  :bigass:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.