News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

John Madden

Started by John Madden, February 19, 2013, 11:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Madden

Hello, My name is John madden, I am interested in highway photography and I also make Route shields! If somebody can please tell me about how this forum works that would be great because I already got a warning for PM abuse!  :confused:

,John Madden

US71

Quote from: John Madden on February 19, 2013, 11:26:22 PM
Hello, My name is John madden, I am interested in highway photography and I also make Route shields! If somebody can please tell me about how this forum works that would be great because I already got a warning for PM abuse!  :confused:

,John Madden

:hmmm: How odd.

Easy answer is find a topic that interests you and join the conversation. No need to feel obligated to join all of them, no need to feel obligated to post a response (many of us just watch and occasionally join in).

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

John Madden

Quote from: US71 on February 20, 2013, 12:25:28 AM

,John Madden

Easy answer is find a topic that interests you and join the conversation. No need to feel obligated to join all of them, no need to feel obligated to post a response (many of us just watch and occasionally join in).
How long will it be until I can PM people again? Not saying I will!

US71

Quote from: John Madden on February 20, 2013, 12:33:44 AM
Quote from: US71 on February 20, 2013, 12:25:28 AM

,John Madden

Honestly? I do not know. I was not aware this had occurred until a little whole ago.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

It will be a day or two.  Word of advice, this isn't Facebook or Twitter.  Abusing the PM system here has consequences if it's reported to the Admins.  If you promise not to harass people by sending them several PM's in a few minutes, I'll lift the PM sending ban sometime Wednesday evening.  However, if I hear from anybody else about getting several PM's in a few minutes from you again, you will lose that feature permanently.  Understand?

John Madden

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 20, 2013, 01:00:47 AM

It will be a day or two.  Word of advice, this isn't Facebook or Twitter.  Abusing the PM system here has consequences if it's reported to the Admins.  If you promise not to harass people by sending them several PM's in a few minutes, I'll lift the PM sending ban sometime Wednesday evening.  However, if I hear from anybody else about getting several PM's in a few minutes from you again, you will lose that feature permanently.  Understand?
Yes I understand sorry for PMing alot I did'nt know if people actually got my comment or not, but yes I will stop

djsinco

If he is 13, need to add the Do Not Molest badge to his profile...
3 million miles and counting

John Madden

Quote from: djsinco on February 20, 2013, 02:51:00 AM
what!?  :eyebrow:

djsinco

Quote from: John Madden on February 20, 2013, 02:58:19 AM

Just an inside joke, no need to panic. Isn't it a school day tomorrow?
3 million miles and counting

John Madden

Quote from: djsinco on February 20, 2013, 03:16:23 AM
Quote from: John Madden on February 20, 2013, 02:58:19 AM

Just an inside joke, no need to panic. Isn't it a school day tomorrow?
teacher workshop day tommorow no school

kphoger

And please don't start 79 threads for only one random musing each.  The precedent on here for thoughts and wishes in a certain region is to start a thread about the whole region (either in the Fictional section or in that region, depending on the nature of your post), then list all of them on the first post.  Then people can respond to all of them, some of them, or one of them; or add their own thoughts to the thread.

Hey, did they actually get around to renaming County Road 10 up in your area?  I always thought having two 10s was craziness.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

agentsteel53

Quote from: John Madden on February 20, 2013, 03:22:17 AM
teacher workshop day tommorow no school

them teachers need to quit them workshops and learn ya some spellin'!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kphoger

Maybe it's a workshop to equip them for teaching spelling.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Molandfreak

Quote from: John Madden on February 20, 2013, 01:07:16 AM
Yes I understand sorry for PMing alot I did'nt know if people actually got my comment or not, but yes I will stop
If people don't understand, they will reply so. Don't worry, your comments are going through! I've almost never used the PM feature.

If people don't understand, you can then clarify on the topic itself... Use the PM if you only want to talk to a specific person :bigass:

Fixed quote. - rmf67
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Mr. Matté

13 posts in and no attempt to type an impression of Frank Caliendo impersonating a famous former football announcer?

Hey folks, John Madden here with the Quick-Click Private Message Creator!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.