I Like Traffic Lights

Started by Alps, April 08, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Big John

KEK Inc.

Of course the double-red light is the ass of the mast arm. 
Take the road less traveled.

roadman65

I like Traffic Lights except during rush hour and when they belong to Orange County, FL who do not know how to time lights to work together so that traffic can flow more easily on the arterials.

Also, I do not like when a RIRO should be used and somebody in one of the road agencies gives approval for a signal instead to create more tax dollars to widen the road again in about twenty or so years due to results of the decision.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Brandon

I live in the actuated signal capital of the United States (maybe even the world).  As such, I've learned to hate traffic signals.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

agentsteel53

Quote from: Brandon on April 11, 2013, 03:05:07 PM
I live in the actuated signal capital of the United States (maybe even the world).  As such, I've learned to hate traffic signals.

here I thought timed signals would be more despicable.  as much as I don't like coming to a halt for one person... I dislike it even less when I'm coming to a halt for nothing and no one.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kj3400

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 11, 2013, 03:19:09 PM
Quote from: Brandon on April 11, 2013, 03:05:07 PM

here I thought timed signals would be more despicable.  as much as I don't like coming to a halt for one person... I dislike it even less when I'm coming to a halt for nothing and no one.

At 2 AM IN THE MORNING to boot.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

agentsteel53

Quote from: kj3400 on April 11, 2013, 06:30:26 PM

At 2 AM IN THE MORNING to boot.

indeed. 

that said, there are some ostensibly traffic-actuated lights near me which seem to switch to red for no discernible reason at very, very odd hours. 

there's also an argument for flashing-yellow/flashing-red to be made somewhere around here, as well.

why do municipalities not favor turning traffic lights to this setting during low-activity intervals?  one wonder$...
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kj3400

Yeah, but here in Baltimore it's worse, as almost every signal within the city borders seem to be on timers. There are a few exceptions, but they're few and far in between and are usually newer installations.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

NE2

Disney has some actuated lights that turn green while you're already turning right on red. With nobody else behind or next to you. And traffic on the other road.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

I like traffic lights when they are those ugly green monstrosities on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando between FL 528 and I-4.  Now, courtesy of the South Trail Development Board, we have another addition to the series with a new signal going up at the soon to Wal Mart near Oakridge Road. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.