News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

1907 NJ Rand McNally map!

Started by djsinco, May 24, 2013, 02:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsinco

This is actually a postcard from 1907, it is only 5 inches wide and 6 inches tall. The printing was fantastic and still looks great.

I believe there are no roads shown, only railroad tracks. Please correct me if I am wrong...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3v7XD7L9VyTMFRXNnVHVTNWS3M/edit?usp=sharing

3 million miles and counting

NE2

Shitloads of old Rand McNally railroad maps here, going back at least to 1884: http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/historicalmaps/
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

djsinco

Manunka Chunk, NJ? Oceanus, NY?

Great link! Thanks!

I was uploading my image while you replied.

Tell me what you think...

NE2

What I think about what? Being forwarded to a login page?

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

djsinco

I decided to use Google drive as Picasa is going by the wayside soon.

I think I have it set correctly now, please let me know either way in your usual charming manner :pan:

NE2

Yeah, it's got railroads and rivers. No interurbans, which existed by then.

Alps

djsinco

part of NJ lore... just like the Old Mine Road, although not as old or interesting...

NE2

The Chunk's on 46 north of Buttzville. The DL&W Railroad took a shortcut through the mountain that 46 goes around (originally it came from the Lehigh Valley to a CNJ junction at Hampton; the DL&W gained NYC access with the purchase of the Morris and Essex through Washington). Later a major cutoff was built closer to I-80; NJ Transit is currently working on restoring service on part of it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.