News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Speed Limit on U.S. Hwy 80

Started by landerw, May 30, 2013, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landerw

I just joined AARoads and this is all new to me, so hopefully it works.

Can anyone tell me the maximum speed limit on U.S. Hwy 80 between Dallas and Shreveport?  Not the shared sections with I-20 but just the stand-alone sections of Hwy 80.  I assume I-20 is still 75 mph.

Wally

bassoon1986

I feel like there was a section that was 70 mph when I took that route last year but I cannot remember where. Its also possible that if there is/was a 70 mph section it got raised when the interstates got raised to 75

kphoger

I don't believe they were raised, since I don't see it marked as such on these maps:
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=8267.msg191045#msg191045
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SSOWorld

The only section of highway that is 75 mph in Louisiana is I-49, so I-20 in that state is 70.  Texas - a different story, assume 75 for sure.  Thankfully for you most of your trip is Texas so no worries.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

corco

When I drove from Shreveport to Texas SH 205 (15 miles or so east of Dallas) in July 2012 on US 80 it was actually mostly 70 in Texas outside of towns, but it does take a while to get through towns, especially Longview- I probably only averaged 50 and I try to always go 5 over. Louisiana plan on 55-60 in the few rural areas.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.