News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Driving Around Las Vegas

Started by swbrotha100, June 06, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swbrotha100

I didn't get to do as much driving around as I would have liked, but I did go on I-215 and I-515.

I like how the mileposts on I-215 have the interstate shields in them. Do any other freeways in Nevada do this? I would love to see them on I-515, or US 93/US 95.

The Hoover Dam Bypass is great! I remember the days driving between AZ and NV on US 93 before the bypass was built. A lot easier to deal with now.

roadfro

Quote from: swbrotha100 on June 06, 2013, 09:07:47 PM
I like how the mileposts on I-215 have the interstate shields in them. Do any other freeways in Nevada do this? I would love to see them on I-515, or US 93/US 95.

Notice also that these are posted at higher than standard height for mileposts.

No other roadway in Nevada uses "enhanced reference location signs" (MUTCD name). Nevada uses the California postmile style of reference marker on all state-maintained highways (I-15 and I-80 also have regular mileposts in addition to the white mileposts). Clark County still maintains most of 215 and went with the different style (even on the short parts of I-215 that are actually NDOT maintained).
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

realjd

Of all the regrets I've heard about trips to Vegas, not driving enough is a new one to me! To be honest, there are a million things more fun to do in Vegas than drive. The roads there are unremarkable IMO, the Hoover Dam excepting.

swbrotha100

Quote from: realjd on June 07, 2013, 11:14:02 PM
Of all the regrets I've heard about trips to Vegas, not driving enough is a new one to me! To be honest, there are a million things more fun to do in Vegas than drive. The roads there are unremarkable IMO, the Hoover Dam excepting.

Well I guess I was blessed this time around. I left with more money than I came in with. So not much to complain about.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.