News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

How many miles of road in California did Huell Howser drive?

Started by jfs1988, June 17, 2013, 12:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfs1988

Huell Howser was the host of the show California's Gold (also Road Trip with Huell Howser, Visiting with Huell Howser, Videolog, California's Green, California Missions, etc), which aired mostly on California PBS stations. He passed away earlier this year, but his programs exceeded more than 400 episodes of traveling across the state of California, and on some episodes to the neighboring states of Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, & Baja California.

His mission was to show the true identity of California by showing people more than just the main cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, & San Francisco.

How many miles of roads in California do you think he actually drove?

[Corrected spelling error in thread title. --Roadfro]

venturafwy

I won't even dare guess how many miles.  But Huell Howser was the best.  I still enjoy watching reruns of his shows every night on KCET.

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Henry

California's a very big state with lots of highway miles, so I won't even guess how much he really drove. But I agree, his show was one of the best I've ever watched.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Desert Man

I think Howser died last year or earlier this year...he was such a wonderful man who enjoyed traveling and finds something nice and shown fascination on anything he comes in contact with.

I had a chance to visit him personally during the 2008 Coachella music festival, when he came up to me and introduce himself, and I had a photo taken of us together. Howser was a frequent on AOL chats about UFOs, so I spotted him again by electronic means. Sad to lose another great person in the world. :-(

Howser should kept a log of traveled road mileage and posted it on a website, out of interest of curiousity by his fans. We won't believe how much he traveled across the golden state, LOL.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.