U.S. 410 originally traveled between Aberdeen, Washington and Lewiston, Idaho. The designation was vastly replaced by an extension of U.S. 12 west in 1967. From west to east, U.S. 410 traveled U.S. 12 between Aberdeen and Elma, Washington 8 from Elma to Mud Bay, with U.S. 101 from Mud Bay to Olympia, with U.S. 99 from Olympia to Tacoma, Washington 167 from Tacoma to Sumner, Washington 410 from Sumner to Naches, and U.S. 12 from Naches to Lewiston.
The route shared surface, and later freeway, alignments with U.S. 99 east of downtown Olympia to Tacoma and west from downtown to Mud Lake with U.S. 101. When U.S. 99 shifted to the Interstate 5 freeway in 1958, U.S. 410 was realigned from 4th Street and Pacific Avenue to a shared path with the new U.S. 101 freeway and Interstate 5 at Exit 104.1