Regional Boards > Southeast

Florida

<< < (688/691) > >>

1995hoo:
We are in Sanford waiting to board the Auto Train. You weren’t kidding about a lot of work remaining at I-4’s interchange with FL-417/Future 429. Looks like at least another year. Big mess.

We drove up from Broward County this morning and used the Turnpike to the new I-4 express lanes. Good route, breezed right thru Orlando, though I wish the speed limit were 65 or 70 instead of 60 (the I-595 express lanes, which we also used this morning, are posted at 70).

No real road activity for me on this trip other than using US-27 on the way south. My wife had a pretty serious medical emergency that pretty much put a crimp on a couple of days of our vacation. Thankfully, that is now in the past.

NJRoadfan:
Hopefully everyone is ok. Medical emergencies during Florida vacations are giving me flashbacks of last year.

What was the pricing like on the I-4 express lanes? I missed the opening by one day back in February!

Avalanchez71:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on April 23, 2022, 08:06:58 AM ---US 90 ALT made more sense on its original alignment than now. 

I do miss the days when US 1 ALT concurred with it on both Baymeadows and the Arlington as it was neat to see the red and blue shields signed together back then.

In St. Augustine the removal of Business US 1 is something no one will miss, especially now with the historical area having a garage for pubic parking along US 1 mainline. No one needs to loop along King Street, Avenida Menedez, Castillo Drive, and San Marco Avenue to reach the various points and search for parking.

IMO extend SR 16 along San Marco to SR A1A so the part from the current east terminus to A1A could still be in the system to connect SR 16 to the Beach areas.

https://goo.gl/maps/rEuMFxKe6FBqvoEx6
This sign along US 1 sort of creates a de facto spur anyway to avoid the loop.

--- End quote ---

There was also an older version of US 1 ALT that went along SR 115 all the way to what is now The Avenues.  Anyone know why these ALT routes were changed to much?

1995hoo:

--- Quote from: NJRoadfan on May 31, 2022, 06:27:28 PM ---Hopefully everyone is ok. Medical emergencies during Florida vacations are giving me flashbacks of last year.

What was the pricing like on the I-4 express lanes? I missed the opening by one day back in February!

--- End quote ---

She is fine now (in no small part due to the new prescriptions they gave her).

Regarding the I-4 express lanes, we went through right around noon last Friday, May 27. My E-ZPass statement shows that we passed through seven tolling points in the express lanes and that six of them charged us 50˘ each (the other one, Lake Ivanhoe at Milepost 84, posted a zero toll for whatever reason). So that's $3.00. I have no idea what the toll is at other times as this is the only time we've been on I-4 through Orlando in quite a few years now—I've normally avoided it in favor of either the eastern or western bypasses due to congestion and construction, but this time I was curious to try the express lanes.

VTGoose:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on June 01, 2022, 12:59:49 PM ---Regarding the I-4 express lanes, we went through right around noon last Friday, May 27. My E-ZPass statement shows that we passed through seven tolling points in the express lanes and that six of them charged us 50˘ each (the other one, Lake Ivanhoe at Milepost 84, posted a zero toll for whatever reason). So that's $3.00. I have no idea what the toll is at other times as this is the only time we've been on I-4 through Orlando in quite a few years now—I've normally avoided it in favor of either the eastern or western bypasses due to congestion and construction, but this time I was curious to try the express lanes.

--- End quote ---

We traveled on I-4 east on April 4, a Sunday, from St. Petersburg to Daytona Beach, mainly to experience Buc-ee's (been there, done that, don't need to do it again). The express lanes were open and available, but traffic through Orlando wasn't bad enough to warrant shifting from the free lanes. We had more traffic west of there, slow and bumper to bumper, starting around Marathon. This wasn't our first experience with heavy traffic on I-4; we avoid it as much as possible.

Bruce in Blacksburg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version