Regional Boards > Northeast

Massachusetts

<< < (328/334) > >>

Rothman:

--- Quote from: Pete from Boston on September 23, 2021, 05:22:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on September 22, 2021, 11:12:52 PM ---What has stopped Massachusetts drivers from using the shoulder anyway? Been a proud tradition since I was a kid.

--- End quote ---

Little gives me as much pleasure as watching a cop stop people using the shoulder to get around stopped traffic.

--- End quote ---
Heh.  True.

5foot14:

--- Quote from: Pete from Boston on September 23, 2021, 05:25:50 PM ---In Salem, the city that brought you the Eurostile italic font on street signs...

How many sets of eyes do you suppose were complicit in letting this through?

--- End quote ---
Not to mention that 107 and 114 are state routes not US routes

SM-A515U

Pete from Boston:

--- Quote from: 5foot14 on September 24, 2021, 09:59:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pete from Boston on September 23, 2021, 05:25:50 PM ---In Salem, the city that brought you the Eurostile italic font on street signs...

How many sets of eyes do you suppose were complicit in letting this through?

--- End quote ---
Not to mention that 107 and 114 are state routes not US routes

SM-A515U

--- End quote ---

That was my point.

Does someone mis-order, then nobody wants to rock the boat and put in a change that delay the final payment to the contractor?

Pete from Boston:

--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 23, 2021, 09:10:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1 on September 23, 2021, 09:08:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 23, 2021, 09:05:50 PM ---Breakdown lane travel is incredibly dangerous in my opinion. What happens if you break down?

--- End quote ---

There are emergency pulloffs about every Ĺ mile in the locations with rush hour breakdown lane use.

--- End quote ---
What if you can't make it 1/2 miles?

--- End quote ---

From experience, if you lose all power while driving in free-flowing traffic at speed itís going to take you a while to coast over to a stop. 1/2 mile is not that much in that case.

If you break down in stopped or slow traffic you probably werenít going to make it to the shoulder anyway.

kramie13:
Is there a reason why MA 129 is concurrent with US 1 in Saugus and Lynnfield?  It seems rather unnecessary.  Wouldn't it make more sense for that route to continue following Walnut St and Linwood Rd into Lynn, and rejoining its current alignment where it intersects MA 107?

Or another option, MA 129 doesn't turn right onto Main St in Wakefield, continuing to follow Lowell St and Salem St into Lynnfield, and rejoining its current alignment near where US-1 and I-95/MA 128 intersect in that area.

I'm sure this would clear up some confusion as far as route numbers go in that area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version