Regional Boards > Northeast

I-95/Penna Turnpike Interchange

(1/580) > >>

Zeffy:
I started this topic because my searching of an existing PA Turnpike / I-95 interchange topic wasn't found.

How many people have seen the 'visualizations' section of the I-95/I-276's online website? Included are two 'driving simulators' that go from south to north or west to east. The interesting things about these visualizations are amount of detail and accuracy in them - they both feature realistic looking BGS and sign gantries (with some exceptions) which makes them interesting to watch. One thing that isn't accurate is the NJTP shield on some of the BGS - it's pretty ugly.

You can view the visualizations here:
http://www.paturnpikei95.com/visualizations.htm

As with the previous I-95 BGS heading north from Philadelphia, the control city used is Trenton. I-195 will be extended over the old Trenton I-95 section, and I-295 will be truncated to exit 60 east of Trenton, with the truncated sections becoming a part of I-195. I-276 east of this interchange will now be I-95, with the NJTP officially becoming I-95 from the start of the Delaware River Turnpike Bridge.

If I missed any details please correct them, and if there is a topic for the interchange project, then the mods can feel free to merge this post into that one if they so choose.

jeffandnicole:
Isn't the flyover from East to West actually going from West to East?

In the South to North drive-thru, it appears that the 2 lane, 95 North is a single lane exit to itself, where it becomes 2 lanes on the ramp for 95 North, with the left lane splitting to go to the PA Turnpike WB.

Zeffy:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 25, 2014, 01:44:16 PM ---Isn't the flyover from East to West actually going from West to East?

--- End quote ---

I thought that same thing.

How is the exit numbering going to work for I-195? It was already weird when jumped for Exit 1 A/B to Exit 60 A/B at the transition to NJ 29, but now that I-195 took over I-295 and Trenton's I-95, it has about 14-15 new exits to label. It could easily be solved by absorbing I-295's exit numbering, then just continuing the same scheme for I-95's exit list.

PHLBOS:

--- Quote from: Zeffy on February 25, 2014, 06:19:39 PM ---How is the exit numbering going to work for I-195? It was already weird when jumped for Exit 1 A/B to Exit 60 A/B at the transition to NJ 29, but now that I-195 took over I-295 and Trenton's I-95, it has about 14-15 new exits to label. It could easily be solved by absorbing I-295's exit numbering, then just continuing the same scheme for I-95's exit list.
--- End quote ---
Guess on my part but the renumbering of exits for I-195 will likely be as follows:

PA (current I-95)
Exit 1 will be at the new Turnpike (I-95/195/276) interchange and increase to the NJ state line and current Exits 44-51 will be renumbered 2-9.

NJ
Current I-95: Exits 1-8 will remain unchanged.
Current I-295: Exits 67-60 will be renumbered (& change direction) 9-16
Current I-195: Exits 1-36 will be renumbered 17-52

Strider:
Have the construction already started on Phrase 1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version