AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lake Michigan Carferry (SS Badger) as part of US 10  (Read 9969 times)

SEWIGuy

• Last Login: August 02, 2021, 09:12:35 PM
Re: Lake Michigan Carferry (SS Badger) as part of US 10
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2021, 04:00:57 PM »

Again, why are you asking all of these hypotheticals?  There isn't chronic car theft on the SS Badger.  I can't even recall one incident.  I'm sure they have their system down.

kphoger

• Last Login: August 02, 2021, 07:34:04 PM
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2021, 04:01:55 PM »

Well, I imagine that any person stopping at any vehicle would raise suspicion, considering that all drivers at that point are heading to the passenger check-in, with no good reason to stop along the way.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 01:51:48 PM
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2021, 04:03:15 PM »

Usually, you can board the vessel with enough time to go to the stern of the ship and watch them drive your car aboard.  That's been my experience.

The queuing area for the vehicles is restricted to passengers and personnel, so you're got going to have randos snooping around.  Plus they have security cams.  Beside it's not like one is going to just leave valuable stuff out in plain sight.  That'd be dumb for any place you leave your car.

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Last Login: Today at 01:07:54 AM
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2021, 04:26:32 PM »

Did the ferry have any announcements for car owners who needed to silence their alarms? It's a not-infrequent occurrence on Washington State Ferries (where drivers are allowed to stay in their cars, or have in-and-out access from the decks).

cabiness42

• Last Login: August 01, 2021, 09:01:10 PM
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2021, 04:39:59 PM »

Did the ferry have any announcements for car owners who needed to silence their alarms? It's a not-infrequent occurrence on Washington State Ferries (where drivers are allowed to stay in their cars, or have in-and-out access from the decks).

I didn't see or hear any instructions regarding alarms.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.