News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Road Trips / Re: 2024 Road Trip Plans
Last post by Hunty2022 - Today at 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: Hunty2022 on June 06, 2024, 05:07:48 PMThe Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Trip has been replaced with a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC later in July.

This trip is happening tomorrow, and I'll be there until Friday (7/26).

Roanoke Trip seems unlikely in the next 2-3 weeks.
Virginia Beach could happen sometime after the Myrtle Beach Trip.

Also, I have a trip planned for Cape Charles in mid-September.
Off-Topic / Re: Random Thoughts
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 01:18:56 PM
Quote from: formulanone on Today at 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 12:29:42 PM
Quote from: formulanone on Today at 10:59:54 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 19, 2024, 01:47:35 PM"CrowdStrike" sounds like the name of a super terrorist organization that would fit into the plot of modern Daniel Craig 007 movies.

The Butcher of Bakersfield

The Running Man has only become more of a classic now since that I relocated to Central Valley.

That movie wasn't supposed to be history's crystal ball, but...

Neither was Demolition Man, but some movies age well with the times.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by J N Winkler - Today at 01:09:11 PM
The text in that blurb also feels AI-generated.
Quote from: Flint1979 on July 20, 2024, 08:28:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on July 20, 2024, 02:54:08 PMWhat the heck are they charging $88 for?

Even OTA only requires $40, and 100% of that is your initial account balance.
$80 of it is the deposit.

Why not charge $80 then? Again, OTA can figure out how to not charge an account initiation fee. Is MBA a less capable organization than OTA?
Off-Topic / Re: Former McDonald's stands
Last post by Stephane Dumas - Today at 12:42:11 PM
This one isn't closed yet but it would be soon a former McDo stand and it still got the old school style.

Last post by formulanone - Today at 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 12:29:42 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 19, 2024, 01:47:35 PM"CrowdStrike" sounds like the name of a super terrorist organization that would fit into the plot of modern Daniel Craig 007 movies.

The Running Man has only become more of a classic now since that I relocated to Central Valley.

That movie wasn't supposed to be history's crystal ball, but...
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 12:29:42 PM

Northeast / Re: Massachusetts
Last post by sprjus4 - Today at 11:58:37 AM
The day has finally come... the notorious 55 mph zone on US-3 north of Boston is being increased to 65 mph. The change affects the entire 20 mile freeway in Massachusetts.

MassDOT to Implement New Speed Limit on Route 3

QuoteEffective Monday, July 22, 2024, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation will increase the speed limit on Route 3 between I-95 and the NH border from 55 miles per hour to 65 miles per hour.

Residents are advised that effective Monday, July 22, 2024, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation will increase the speed limit on Route 3 between I-95 and the NH border from 55 miles per hour to 65 miles per hour.

In order to accommodate this change,  MassDOT will close the shoulder on Route 3 North and South beginning in the overnight hours on Sunday and lasting into Monday morning to change all of the speed limit signs.

Please use caution and remember to move over for emergency crews and roadside workers.
Quote from: Flint1979 on Today at 09:12:33 AMThe highest volume of traffic for a single month over the past 10 years was in July 2021 when 641,696 crossings were made. That is still only 20,699 crossings a day. The bridge doesn't even double from it's yearly average, it comes close but it doesn't even double it let alone triple it.

To be fair, the tripling I pointed out was using the monthly traffic stats of number of vehicles that cross the bridge...
Northeast / Re: New Cape Cod Canal bridges
Last post by Rothman - Today at 11:52:24 AM
Quote from: webny99 on Today at 09:37:15 AM^ Maybe it has, but I doubt it considering it hasn't been mentioned in any official capacity here.

When you've read the project development docs, let us know.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.