News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Recent posts

Traffic Control / Re: Guess the exit number chal...
Last post by ElishaGOtis - Today at 05:38:16 PM
Quote from: kirbykart on May 15, 2024, 08:47:08 PM^OK, I'm sorry about that. For some reason I thought it was Exit 60.

Ah no worries, they sound similar. :-D :bigass:

Here's my submission. This is in Michigan:

Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on October 17, 2023, 01:41:39 PMI'm considering a second Duluth meet, with the tentative date of October 27. The centerpiece would be the new I-35/535/US 53 interchange with almost all work on the project likely complete by that date.

Was never really a serious consideration, but confirming will not happen because of both delays in this project as well as committing to being out of the country at that time.
General Highway Talk / Re: Reaching the End (or Begin...
Last post by rhen_var - Today at 05:15:57 PM
It feels special when it's the end of a long route that crosses through several states like a US or Interstate highway.  State and county routes don't really feel as special.  It makes me think of how I'm at the end of a road that thousands of people experience daily, what stories happen on that road, and what's at the other end.

A good example as someone else mentioned earlier is the northern end of US-41, it's a cul-de-sac in the middle of nowhere, but it's weird standing there and realizing that you're on the opposite end of the same road that's a bustling city street in downtown Miami, which also forms a major corridor in the likes of Chicago, Nashville, and Atlanta between you and there.
Road Trips / Re: Biggest Roadgeek/Trip Regr...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 05:02:49 PM
I saw an RV losing its brakes on the Old Priest Grade from CA 120 back in the 1990s.  They had stubbornly ignored the warning signs and were paying the price..."Christ!  It was funny how they had named the only man that could save them now..."
General Highway Talk / Re: Beltways That Work, and Be...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 04:59:02 PM
Quote from: PColumbus73 on Today at 08:09:27 AM
Quote from: Rothman on May 15, 2024, 11:02:33 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on May 15, 2024, 02:01:44 PMIH 610 in Houston definitely don't work. Too much traffic jams. Mostly an inner city route with all the sprawl concentrated along it.

Your criteria's faulty.  I don't see how an inner city beltway "doesn't work," especially with Houston's concentric system.  Just because it jams?  Then most beltways "don't work" by that one, and, given how a bunch I can think of off-hand still keep traffic outside of a city core, I think they work.

Well, does it, or the other two loops around Houston, save time or are otherwise preferrable versus staying on I-10, 45, or any of the other spokes all the way through downtown?

It certainly makes getting around the inner ring a lot easier than if it didn't exist at all.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by Rothman - Today at 04:55:12 PM
I've found Tapatalk to be useless now with the new setup.  Doesn't work when keeping track of unread posts.
Last post by TheGrassGuy - Today at 04:45:19 PM
Could we potentially just change the background colors from white and navy blue to something greener as an interim solution?
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by tdindy88 - Today at 04:43:48 PM
Ahh yes, the Racers and the Pacers. I remember that too, I know they've played on Sunday evening after the race before. Last time I think they lost the game, which put a little of a damper on Race Day.

Though this Western Conference Finals being on the Sunday might be a newer development of late.
Last post by on_wisconsin - Today at 04:38:41 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 10, 2024, 07:34:00 PMThe current theme is easier to view on a phone versus the older green version (I don't use TapTalk).
As another non-TapTalk user, the new theme is nice that you don't have to pinch and zoom to read the forum when on mobile devices.
Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by jgb191 - Today at 04:37:26 PM
Quote from: thspfc on May 15, 2024, 04:59:02 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on May 15, 2024, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: jgb191 on May 14, 2024, 12:40:58 PMI wanted my Texans to play at Arrowhead on Kickoff Night, but after our team's 2020 dismal performance on Kickoff Night there, I guess NFL perhaps decided the Texans aren't Kickoff material and unworthy of another shot after seeing that game in 2020. 

I'm hoping we get our hardest opponents out of the way in September -- Ravens, Patriots, Chiefs, Jets, and Vikings -- and start our season 1-4 or 2-3, and then save our positive run in November/December and finish the regular season something similar to 8-1 or 8-2.

Patriots and Vikings? The Packers, Dolphins and Colts are likely going to be harder than those two.
I was confused by the initial list, but throwing the Colts on there ahead of the Bills and Cowboys is also questionable.

Yeah I meant Patriots and Vikings; the latter which the Texans have never beaten yet; and yes any team owned by Robert Kraft have owned us since the beginning of the Texans existance.  In the past two decades, the Robert Kraft have out-CEO'ed Calhoun McNair -- for that reason, the Patriots will always be the one team I absolutely fear to have to face against.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.