Regional Boards > Northeast

PA Turnpike News

<< < (4/571) > >>

mightyace:
Once again....

From the PA Turnpike Website:  (http://www.paturnpike.com/rttc/AdvisoryInfo.aspx?ID=121812)

Updated:      3/26/2009 12:02 PM
Title:    Planned Detour - Interstate 76 Carlisle to Breezwood
Location:    161-Breezewood AND 226-Carlisle   Mileposts: 161-226
 Direction:
 All    Lanes Affected:
All Lanes    Traffic Flow:
At or Near Posted Speed Limits    ETA:
3/29/2009 @ 5:00 AM
   Report Type:   Initial   Date/Time:   3/26/2009 12:02 PM
Comments:
Please be advised of a planned detour this weekend on the Pennsylvania Turnpike between the Carlisle (Exit 226) and Breezewood (Exit 161) interchanges. The detour is scheduled Saturday night March 28th into Sunday March 29th and will begin at 11:00 pm. for Eastbound motorists by closing the Breezewood Interchange (Exit #161) and then Westbound motorist will be detoured at 11:45 pm. when crews close traffic at Carlisle Interchange (Exit #226). Traffic intending to travel Westbound from Willow Hill (Exit #189) and Fort Littleton (Exit #180) will be permitted to enter the system. The detours are required so that crews can demolish two overhead bridges located in Cumberland County

PAHighways:
Weather Warning Carlisle to Reading

Tornado Warning - NWS State College

jackson1300:
The truck stops and businesses along the I-70 stretch of US 30 will never allow a direct connection the PA Tpke to I-70.  It would kill business at the truck stops and gas stations along that 1/2 mile stretch.  Even though a direct-connect would keep "turnpike to freeway" traffic moving, it actually comes in quite handy for a quick pit-stop at Breezewood.  I kinda would hate to see a direct connection, it would push me to keep driving instead of stopping to grab a drink, a bite to eat, and use the facilities for a quick 15-30 minute break.

74/171FAN:
The PA Turnpike Authority has completed reconstruction and six-laning on the western 10 miles  http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/4174

EDIT: fixed to show right authority

PAHighways:
PennDOT has nothing to do with the Turnpike system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version