News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Alex, I've sent you an email about I-15 photos through central and southern Utah.
Infrastructure. The city.

Rover_0

Any word on the new US-89A on the Utah guides/gallery yet?
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Alex

Revised all of the existing Interstate 10 pages and filled in the gaps, both east and westbound, across northern Florida.

Alex

Been working on updating out-of-date pages in my "local" area the last few weeks.
Updated the guide for State Road 87, U.S. 98 east and west in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties, and put together a new page for County Road 399 on the coast. Probably going to continue to do more stuff in this area before moving on. I need to set up the new format for Utah before I can add some of the material sent for US 89A. Also Andy is due to pass through Utah again in a week or so, so he may have some more Interstate 15 photos.

Alex

Added some Interstate 82 coverage in Washington, starting with both directions between Interstate 90 and the south end of SR-823 at Yakima.

Alex

Researched the history of Interstate 82 earlier this week and found out while the proposed alignments changed on the Rand McNally atlases over the years...

Also put together a focus page on Yakima from some local roadding we did in town on our Pacific NW Trip of 2006.

We photographed two examples of custom font on the old U.S. 97 in Yakima as well:
https://www.aaroads.com/west/washington999/n_1st_st_sb_at_b_st.jpg
https://www.aaroads.com/west/washington999/s_1st_st_sb_app_nob_hill_bl.jpg

Alex

Finished adding all of the mainline Interstate 82 in Washington coverage we had from 2006. Today I added from I-182 east to the state line and from the state line west to I-182.

Added pages for both directions of Interstate 82 in Oregon.

Going to focus on creating pages for Interstate 182 and some Tri-Cities area roads (SR-240, US 12, US 395) next.

Looking ahead, I reviewed some of the Washington 240 photos and remember a lot of construction ongoing at Columbia Park Trail. Viewing aerials, a dramatic realignment and interchange rework was undertaken.

FLRoads

Been focusing now on getting as complete of coverage along Interstate 75 (northbound and southbound) in Florida. Over the past two weekend added four new guide pages:

Northbound Sarasota County
Northbound Manatee County
Southbound Hamilton/Suwannee/Columbia Counties
Southbound Alachua County

Also added and updated the guide page for Interstate 75 southbound in Collier County, now with coverage from the Lee/Collier County line to the beginning of Alligator Alley.

Going to focus on northbound Charlotte County next and then return to southbound Marion County. 

Alex

Been all over with page updates the last few weeks. Received some Knoxville photos from Carter and updated the pages for I-40 (eastbound from I-75 to NC), I-75 (southbound coverage from KY to Exit 60), I-275 (northbound coverage from Carter), and I-640. I have photos of TN-71 and TN 158 from him to add still. I also added Carter and Andy's photos of I-40 east to Exit 55 in NC from 2007 finally, and updated the I-26 westbound pages in NC and TN with photos from our September 2010 trip as well. Researching for Knoxville led me to some good articles on the construction for Interstate 140, which I updated the Interstate-Guide with. I have conducted some other research for TN 71/158 and will have that on updated pages (a possible extension of TN 71 is planned again for instance).

Shifted to Indiana next and updated the I-70 pages to cover the reconstructed stretch by Indianapolis International Airport and added all of the inner loop photos for Interstate 465 that we took in November 2009. I worked with what we had through all of that Accelerate 465 construction, which was not much considering three of the interchanges were hardly marked. A return visit is definitely on tap.

Out west, photos from Andy's trip through Oregon (Sherman County so far) and Washington (Maryhill) in August are up covering a portion of U.S. 97 and Historic U.S. 30 at Biggs Junction. An update of the WA-14 guide to include eastbound from US 97 to I-82 is next.

Alex

Alex

Prep work for an upcoming trip to Indiana and Michigan... Updated Interstate 80's eastbound coverage from the IL line to the merge with I-90. Added eastbound photos of I-90 from I-65 to I-80/94 and replaced a few westbound photos from 2005 with 2010 photos between I-80/94 and the Skyway. Also updated the IN-912 page to reflect that INDOT chose the "no bridge" option for addressing the closed span over the Indiana Harbor Canal at East Chicago and referenced the I-80 ramp closure at its split with the Indiana Toll Road. A few images of US 12/20 near I-65 also added, creating a mini US 20 guide.

Researched the opening dates of Interstates 164 and 469 more thoroughly, and also did the same for I-895/VA 895 and Interstate 295 around Richmond-Petersburg for the Interstate Guide. Thanks Newsbank!

ssummers72

When are you coming through, I live in NW Indiana?

Stephen

Alex

Will be coming northward sometime on Friday, from Interstate 57 and turning east, eventually taking I-80/90 east to I-69. Not sure what poking around we are going to do in NW Indiana, but Andy has requested some photos of IL-394, which will depend upon traffic and time of day we get through the area. Planning on making it somewhere in Michigan that evening.

ssummers72

Alex,

When coming through NW Indiana, From I-94 in Chesterton, go North on IN-49 then to US-12 East, There a bunch of Indiana 49 Highway Shields with the state outline. I believe these were a contract error and as of two weeks ago they were still up.

Also, US-20 and IN-39 East of Michigan City are posted as "Emergency I-94"

Take Care,

Stephen

rawmustard

Quote from: ssummers72 on November 03, 2011, 07:59:34 AM

I would fathom those are MDOT signs (they did a similar thing with Emergency I-69 to the first exit entering Steuben County).

US71

Quote from: rawmustard on November 03, 2011, 08:51:13 AM
Quote from: ssummers72 on November 03, 2011, 07:59:34 AM

I would fathom those are MDOT signs (they did a similar thing with Emergency I-69 to the first exit entering Steuben County).

IIRC, there's an "Emergency" I-10 along US 190 near Baton Rouge
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Anthony_JK

Quote from: US71 on November 03, 2011, 09:16:09 AM
IIRC, there's an "Emergency" I-10 along US 190 near Baton Rouge

Not quite "emergency"...the signs actually list US 190 as "I-10 Alternate Incident Route" between LA 415 and I-49 near Opelousas. It's used because US 190 is utilized as a detour route (along with LA 415 from Robdell to I-10 and I-49 from Opelousas to Lafayette) when I-10 along the Atchafalaya Swamp Freeway between Lafayette and Baton Rouge is blocked up by an accident or whatever.

tdindy88

Just curious, you mention going to I-69 in northern Indiana, or at least that's what it sounds like, are there plans on going south on 69 toward Indy and in that case any potential for pictures along that way, such as thorugh Fort Wayne which had been redone in the past few years, just asking?

Alex

Quote from: tdindy88 on November 03, 2011, 10:32:39 PM
Just curious, you mention going to I-69 in northern Indiana, or at least that's what it sounds like, are there plans on going south on 69 toward Indy and in that case any potential for pictures along that way, such as thorugh Fort Wayne which had been redone in the past few years, just asking?

Yes there are, here is what has been covered on this trip so far:
Day 1:
I-65 nb between Montgomery and Birmingham (rehash mainly)
I-59 nb from I-65 to I-24
I-24 eb from I-59 to I-75
I-75 nb to the merge with I-71, though mostly through rain and dark skies.
Short sections of I-40 in Knoxville and a rehash of I-275 nb in rain as well.

Day 2:
I-275 wb from OH-125 to I-471 (overcast and early morning lighting)
I-471 to Exit 3
US 27 into downtown Cincinnati
US 25's end, US 22's end
I-71 nb from US 22 to OH-562
OH-562 wb
I-75 sb from OH-562 to I-74
All of I-74 wb from I-75 to I-57, including the stub to old US 421
I-70 wb from I-465 to the Sam Jones Expwy
Sam Jones Expwy wb (man I hate that redo at the west end, what a sham of an "upgrade")
I-465 nb from SJE to 38th Street (don't speed through there, lots of cops present today shooting radar and otherwise active).
I-80 eb from I-57 to IN-912
IN 912 nb to I-90
I-90 eb to merge with I-80 and through to Exit 107, winged it for Exit 121 and 144 at dusk.

Day 3 will involving driving all over Michigan, focusing on I-69, I-96, I-94, I-496 and I-194
Ultimately plan to head back south via I-69 from I-80/90, also doing the I-469 loop, likely on Sunday.

Alex

Quote from: tdindy88 on November 03, 2011, 10:32:39 PM

Ended up photographing every exit on southbound and all the northbound exits between the I-469 end points. It clouded up by Exit 78 and we ran out of daylight by Exit 26. Still shot photos through to the end, but they became blurrier and grainier with the waning light.

I salvaged some of the exits, but 5, 3 and 1 are pretty motion blurred.

From Binford we made our way over to Shadeland and took that south to the c/d setup with I-465, then I-465 south to old US 40 west to Shadeland again. Was nice to see some lit button copy on Shadeland and signs for Washington that include space for removed US 40 shields. Did not shoot photos of that, but took a couple of quick videos with my A1100S for the fun of it.

Rejoined Interstate 465/74 west to Interstate 65 and drove in the dark to Jeffersonville for the night.

Got photos of I-265 west and I-64 west to US 41 and the I-69 spur and I-164/US 41 south to KY the next morning.

D-Dey65

flaroads, I saw an error in the description of I-75 in Sumter County. Exit 309 may be signed for Sumter CR 476, but it actually leads to the southern terminus of Sumter CR 476B and western terminus of Sumter CR 673. To get to SCR 476 from I-75, you have to take that exit and head north along SCR 476B. I made a cheap QuickTime video of how things are really set up there.

FLRoads

Quote from: D-Dey65 on November 11, 2011, 05:11:13 PM
flaroads, I saw an error in the description of I-75 in Sumter County. Exit 309 may be signed for Sumter CR 476, but it actually leads to the southern terminus of Sumter CR 476B and western terminus of Sumter CR 673. To get to SCR 476 from I-75, you have to take that exit and head north along SCR 476B. I made a cheap QuickTime video of how things are really set up there.

Thanks for letting me know. I have rewritten the captions for that exit (with the aid of GSV and sumtercountyfl.gov) to reflect what really transpires there. Please let me know if I need to tweak anything.

Having never actually taken that particular exit, I was unaware of how it is actually signed. I should have remembered that there was something wrong with the signage because in all my travels up and down I-75 I would notice the sign blade on the actual bridge indicated CR 476B, not CR 476, and wonder why that was. Come to think of it, I honestly think that Exit 309 might be the only exit along I-75 in Florida I have never used.

Once again thanks for the heads up on this, and for reading the pages in general! My plan now is to pick up where I left off along I-75 southbound and finish up the counties we currently do not have coverage for. 

ssummers72

On your Borman Expressway pages:
https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=i8094eain

A few errors are as follows:

perdue is actually spelled: Purdue

Burr Road is Burr Street

D-Dey65

Quote from: flaroads on November 11, 2011, 11:49:50 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I have rewritten the captions for that exit (with the aid of GSV and sumtercountyfl.gov) to reflect what really transpires there. Please let me know if I need to tweak anything.
You're welcome. But I'm still going to send the video to you somehow. I remember sending an e-mail to FDOT Region #5 about this, and they told me this was deliberate. Unfortunatley, I deleted the e-mail, but I might have a printout of it somewhere.

I've also made a couple of videos of the approaches to the new ramps toward FL 56 from both northbound I-75 and I-275, the latter of which was designated Exit 275, when it should've been designated Exit 60. The video from I-275 also includes new construction of I-75 between FL 56 and FL 54, which I still think should've been done during the previous construction project... unless this one isn't a widening project either.

Alex

Quote from: ssummers72 on November 12, 2011, 06:24:28 AM
On your Borman Expressway pages:
https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=i8094eain

A few errors are as follows:

perdue is actually spelled: Purdue

Burr Road is Burr Street

Thanks for the corrections, these are made.

Did not get the chance to see those state-shape based contractor shields.

Got into NW Indiana much later than anticipated, so we just blew through from Interstate 57 north to Interstate 80 east to SR 912 north to Interstate 90 east. Encountered a minor delay on the Toll Road where some resurfacing was underway at the SR 912 interchange. Need to return to shoot updated stuff for I-80/94 westbound showing the completed Borman work someday.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.