News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Interesting Road Work Projects

Started by BigMattFromTexas, June 08, 2009, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

Any interesting projects goin' on in your town/city? there is a road project going on about one block away from where i live. They are repaving a road named Millbrook Dr (finally).
Any projects?//

deathtopumpkins

I noticed over the weekend (the one time I was in a hurry of course) that VDOT's finally decided to patch up the foot-deep holes in I-64 east of the HRBT...  :rolleyes: Wish they'd hurry up and do more.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

ctroadgeek

Connecticut is extending the expressway portion of CT 72 in Plainville/Bristol. Converting or re-aligning two lane roads to four lane roads is NOT common in this state since the road system is essentially built out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599409@N02/sets/72157619165715958/

Link for the above pic:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599409@N02/3589461257/

mightyace

I have been documenting the finishing of the TN 840 southern loop in https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=429.0
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alex

I'm still waiting to hear if Mobile County 39's southward extension from U.S. 90 is open. The Mobile news paper has not mentioned anything, and when we drove down there two weeks ago, everything was done (signs, striping, etc.) but the road was still coned off.

Hellfighter

Actually, the only news news here is that due to the budget, MDOT is cutting 137 road projects.

DanTheMan414

Quote from: Hellfighter06 on June 09, 2009, 12:54:01 PM
Actually, the only news news here is that due to the budget, MDOT is cutting 137 road projects.
Following the lead of a number of other DOTs around the country, to the best of my knowledge.

Amongst current projects, though, the Gateway Project, which involves the rebuilding of the interchange between I-75, I-96 and the access to the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, will be wrapping up in the next few months, after having been in progress for well more than a year now.  Traffic should be allowed to travel through there again before the end of the summer, with wrap up work continuing on into the fall.

Hellfighter

Quote from: DanTheMan474 on June 09, 2009, 01:58:40 PM
Following the lead of a number of other DOTs around the country, to the best of my knowledge.

Amongst current projects, though, the Gateway Project, which involves the rebuilding of the interchange between I-75, I-96 and the access to the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, will be wrapping up in the next few months, after having been in progress for well more than a year now.  Traffic should be allowed to travel through there again before the end of the summer, with wrap up work continuing on into the fall.

I shall have pics of that project in several days.

Greybear

TxDOT is finally beginning the project to replace the TX 34/Wesley Street bridge over I-30 and completely re-construct the interchange.

For years, part of the span over the eastbound lanes of I-30 were exactly at 13'-6". Any traffic that had a height over that had to detour onto the southside service road for almost 2 miles before getting back onto eastbound I-30.

Scott5114

The I-40 realignment project in Oklahoma City, which I unfortunately haven't found out too much about.

The I-35 widening in Norman, which will be literally right across the street from me if I should be approved to move into the apartment I put a deposit on yesterday.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

UptownRoadGeek

LaDOTD has started work to redo the I-10/Causeway Blvd interchange. They are replacing a standard cloverleaf with (the only way I can describe it) flyover cloverleaves. It's still a cloverleaf in a way except each loop will be seperate and go up a flyover before looping around underneath itself and down to the I-10.

They have also started putting the highway shields on the pavement everywhere and changing mileposts.

The newly reconstructed portion of LA-1 should be opening in the near future and will be LA's 1st fully electronic toll facility.

One of the spans of the new Twin-Span over Lake Pontchartrain should be open by the end of the summer.

rmsandw

Work has started to install the stop lights on the IL 53/113/129 re build. The finishing of the three main lines is at a hold, while they wait for the gas lines to be moved.  Project was to be wrapping up by now...
http://roads.billburmaster.com  Roads of the Mid-South & West
http://www.youtube.com/user/rmsandw YouTube Channel
http://www.billburmaster.com

Terry Shea

This is all such BS and I'm sick and tired of these stupid, feeble minded idiots who run this state!  We pay higher taxes than just about any other state across the board.  High istate income tax rates, high property taxes, high sin taxes and (especially) high gas taxes.  The problem isn't so much money coming in, it's money being wasted on stupid unnecessary things (plus we always send a lot more money to the federal govt than we get back in project money).

This new gas tax proposal is the absolute stupidest idea yet! WTF does Granholm and our lawmakers use for brains?  Yeah, when gasoline hits $4 a gallon increase the tax on it tremendously and when it's under $2 a gallon hardly tax it at all!  Gee that makes a lot of sense, especially when Michigan's economy depends so much on tourism during the summer months.  Our gas prices are already much higher than neighboring states, let's make them so high no one will want to visit here during the summer.  And let's make the price of gasoline so high no one will want to drive anywhere unless they absolutely have to!  That should really help the auto industry sell more cars!

How do we elect such incompetent, arrogant idiots!

njroadhorse

Quote from: Terry Shea on June 10, 2009, 01:35:35 PM
This is all such BS and I'm sick and tired of these stupid, feeble minded idiots who run this state!  We pay higher taxes than just about any other state across the board.  High istate income tax rates, high property taxes, high sin taxes and (especially) high gas taxes.  The problem isn't so much money coming in, it's money being wasted on stupid unnecessary things (plus we always send a lot more money to the federal govt than we get back in project money).

This new gas tax proposal is the absolute stupidest idea yet! WTF does Granholm and our lawmakers use for brains?  Yeah, when gasoline hits $4 a gallon increase the tax on it tremendously and when it's under $2 a gallon hardly tax it at all!  Gee that makes a lot of sense, especially when Michigan's economy depends so much on tourism during the summer months.  Our gas prices are already much higher than neighboring states, let's make them so high no one will want to visit here during the summer.  And let's make the price of gasoline so high no one will want to drive anywhere unless they absolutely have to!  That should really help the auto industry sell more cars!

How do we elect such incompetent, arrogant idiots!
Hello Michigan, meet New Jersey  :spin: :-D
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

mapman

Or California.  Our state government is going to go broke in about 50 days!   :ded:   :pan:

Scott5114

Wow, I know the world's gone crazy when it seems like Oklahoma actually has a comparably functional state government.  :-|
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Hellfighter

Quote from: mapman on June 11, 2009, 12:41:28 AM
Or California.  Our state government is going to go broke in about 50 days!   :ded:   :pan:

Actually, I thought the deadline was tomorrow.

Mergingtraffic

Connecticut is exntending the US 7 Expressway three miles to the north of it's current terminus in Brookfield to New Milford.  Rare for this state!

The state is also upgrading US 7 almost along it's lengh down to I-95 as a 4 lane road with turn lanes. 

Also, a new Pearl Harbor Q-Bridge in New Haven where I-95 is being upgraded from 6-lanes to 10-lanes.  High speed two-lane connections from I-91 & I-95.
www.i95newhaven.com

The state wants to demolish the I-84 & Route 8 in Waterbury Mixmaster and replace it with a 4-level stack interchange.
www.i84wins.com

I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

BigMattFromTexas

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2009/jun/11/goodfellow-leaders-thank-city/
I know that isn't road work but they're repaving the road in front of the housing

hm insulators

In Arizona, a stretch of I-10 through the Phoenix suburbs of Avondale, Litchfield Park and Goodyear is getting a much-needed widening. At the same time, I-17 from Loop 101 north to Carefree Highway is also getting a badly-needed widening, and they're about to start widening the 17 north of Carefree Highway to the outlying suburb of Anthem.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

leifvanderwall

Construction on Red Arrow Hwy in Paw Paw. Well it's interesting to me, because it started in October, it's from the Stimulus, and apparently that stretch of Red Arrow is more important than the potholes on westbound I-94 from Lawrence to Hartford.

BigMattFromTexas

WillWeaverRVA

Two long-overdue resurfacing projects just got underway in the Richmond area: I-64 between Parham Rd and I-195, and Broad St (US 250) between Belvidere St (US 1/301) and 14th St (just short of I-95). Both those roads are in horrible shape for the most part and are badly in need of repaving.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.