Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Virginia

<< < (1276/1297) > >>

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: Dirt Roads on June 26, 2022, 12:44:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on June 14, 2022, 10:01:09 PM ---I think one's origin/destination matters as well as one being willing to spend more hours bypassing than they would just staying on I-95.

NC is a big place.  Starting off in the Outer Banks and heading out to I-81 is pretty severe.

--- End quote ---

But then you have several other options to avoid much of I-95, such as the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel (US-13) or the Coleman Bridge (US-17) to get to the Nice Bridge (US-301).

--- End quote ---
Hey, if I'm going to the Hampton Roads area to dodge I-95 in DC, and Baltimore, it's the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel or it's nothing.

ahj2000:

--- Quote from: Mapmikey on June 27, 2022, 12:42:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1995hoo on June 27, 2022, 12:29:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mapmikey on June 27, 2022, 12:21:34 PM ---....

Leonard Sandridge Rd in Charlottesville is shown as part of VA 302.

--- End quote ---

That seems like it would be correct. Isn't VA-302 the number assigned to all VDOT-maintained on-Grounds roads at UVA? Sandridge is located on the North Grounds (it was originally named the "North Grounds Connector Road").

--- End quote ---

Yes, but the trick is knowing which roads on an institution's property is VDOT maintained or not, as not every road would be.

Unrelated:  I-74 is NOT assigned to the I-77 segment south of I-81 per the arcgis.  it is possible nobody at VDOT remembers they did this in 1996.

--- End quote ---
74 would just go up the whole of 77 in VA, so I wonder what they need to sign the thing. Is it the completion of 74 between Mt Airy and Winston in NC?

plain:
They probably won't sign anything until WV makes a move on their portion.

In other words, they're not going to sign anything.

LM117:
We might wanna keep our fingers crossed for a mild winter...

https://shoredailynews.com/headlines/vdot-says-it-doesnt-have-enough-private-contractors-to-move-snow-this-winter/

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: amroad17 on June 13, 2022, 12:27:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mapmikey on June 12, 2022, 09:57:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: D-Dey65 on June 12, 2022, 09:01:20 AM ---Well, Northampton County and the State of North Carolina would have to accept the extension from north of the border, but I don't think they'd be so uncooperative about that. It would still have to happen, because there's no room to do it any other way.

--- End quote ---

The I-95 NB Virginia Welcome Center entrance ramp already starts 0.1 miles south of the state line.

--- End quote ---
Also, both of the off ramps to the Welcome Centers on I-77 at the VA/NC line begin in the others' state.

--- End quote ---
Well, yes. I knew that. But I thought most if not all of the on-ramp for the I-95 Virginia Welcome Center entrance ramp was still north of the state line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version