AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The forum just turned ten years old! Where has all the time gone?

Author Topic: Delaware  (Read 293556 times)

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 02:54:33 PM
Re: Delaware
« Reply #1200 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:41 AM »

Boston also has the oldest subway in the U.S., so they started the bandwagon.
And some of those subways took over the trolley lines.

I was going to ask if a Wilmington-Newark or Wilmington-Dover light rail line would be more suitable, but now that I think about it, either one of these would be better for a commuter rail system more than light rail.

Tonytone

• Last Login: February 19, 2019, 03:02:13 PM
    • LawnCare Website
« Reply #1201 on: February 14, 2019, 12:53:35 AM »

I was going to ask if a Wilmington-Newark or Wilmington-Dover light rail line would be more suitable, but now that I think about it, either one of these would be better for a commuter rail system more than light rail.
From reading reports , there used to be Trains that went all the way to the bottom of Delaware, but they removed the tracks. The best option would be a commuter system like you said that goes from wilmington newark & Dover.

iPhone
Working on Civil Engineer Degree/Creator of Valuez Lawn-Care

ipeters61

• Highway Safety Analyst

• Last Login: Today at 03:50:28 PM
    • Personal Website
« Reply #1202 on: February 14, 2019, 08:19:04 AM »

SEPTA already runs (albeit extremely limited) service between Wilmington and Newark, with tracks specifically for the local SEPTA trains separated from the intercity Amtrak trains, so the infrastructure is there.

I really don't see the need for anything beyond a bus between Wilmington and Dover, but I've only done a "reverse commute" between NCCo and Dover.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Why I don't use GPS

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 02:54:33 PM
« Reply #1203 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »

SEPTA already runs (albeit extremely limited) service between Wilmington and Newark, with tracks specifically for the local SEPTA trains separated from the intercity Amtrak trains, so the infrastructure is there.
Oh, yes. I forgot it went that far. And I should've known better with all my Wikipedia work, not to mention the work I've wanted to do there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.